ᴄʜ-1 ᴀ ꜰᴜʀɪᴏᴜꜱ ᴀʀʀɪᴠᴀʟ

The car ride to their new home felt interminable to Dunk. He sat in the back seat, his arms folded tightly across his chest, his gaze fixed on the passing scenery outside the window. The streets of Bangkok rushed by in a blur, but Dunk hardly noticed. His mind was consumed with frustration and anger.

Mrs. Natachai, his mother, glanced at him through the rearview mirror, her expression filled with concern.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, sweetheart, I know this move wasn't what you wanted, but please try to understand. It's a great opportunity for all of us."

Dunk remained silent, his jaw clenched tight. He couldn't bring himself to respond to his mother's attempts at reassurance. Instead, he stared daggers at the unfamiliar streets passing by, each building a reminder of the life he was leaving behind.

Dnie, his younger sister, sat quietly beside him, her eyes wide with apprehension.

Dnie: "Are we really going to live here, Dunk?"

Dunk's jaw tensed as he struggled to contain his frustration.

Dunk: "Yes, Dnie. We are really going to live here. Now, can you please stop asking questions?"

Mrs. Natachai: "Sweetheart, don't take it to heart... Your brother's just not in the mood right now."

Dunk: "Great. Just great."

Mrs. Natachai parked the car in front of the house, and Dunk wasted no time in jumping out. He stormed towards the front door, his frustration palpable with every step.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, wait! Let's at least go in together."

But Dunk paid her no heed, his mind consumed by his own turmoil. He reached the front door and yanked it open, his anger threatening to consume him.

As he stepped into the unfamiliar surroundings of their new home, Dunk couldn't shake the feeling of displacement that washed over him. The walls seemed to close in around him, suffocating him with their unfamiliarity.

Ignoring his mother's attempts at reassurance, Dunk stormed off towards his room, his frustration echoing in every step.

Dunk's footsteps echoed through the empty hallway as he made his way to his new room.Dunk's room felt stifling as he lay sprawled on his bed, the weight of anger and frustration pressing down on him. He could still hear his mother's voice calling after him, her words falling on deaf ears as he remained obstinately silent.

Outside his closed door, the muffled sounds of their new home filtered through, a constant reminder of the life he had been uprooted from. Dunk clenched his fists, his resentment simmering just beneath the surface.

Mrs. Natachai: "Dunk, please. Let's talk about this."

Ignoring his mother's pleas for communication, Dunk finally pushed himself up from the bed with a heavy sigh. He needed to do something to clear his mind, to escape the suffocating confines of their new home, if only for a moment.

With determined strides, he made his way to the en-suite bathroom attached to his room. The cool tiles beneath his feet offered a brief respite from the oppressive heat of the day as he turned on the shower, letting the sound of running water drown out his thoughts.

Stepping beneath the spray, Dunk closed his eyes and let the warm water cascade over him, washing away the tension that had built up within him. With each drop that fell, he felt a little bit of the anger and frustration begin to melt away.

For a fleeting moment, Dunk allowed himself to forget about their new life in Thailand, about the friends and memories he had left behind in Germany. In that solitary sanctuary of steam and solitude, he was free from the weight of expectation, free to simply be.

But even as he relished in the momentary reprieve, Dunk knew that he couldn't hide forever. Eventually, he would have to face the reality of their new situation, to come to terms with the changes that lay ahead.

With a heavy heart, Dunk turned off the water and stepped out of the shower, the steam billowing around him like a shroud. As he wrapped himself in a towel and dried off, he couldn't shake the feeling that their new life in Thailand was just beginning, and that the challenges they faced were far from over.

But for now, all Dunk could do was take things one step at a time, knowing that his family would be there to support him every step of the way. And as he emerged from the bathroom, the weight on his shoulders felt just a little bit lighter, a glimmer of hope shining through the darkness.