Garden

Y/n's pov

I was awaken with a sharp pain lanced through my back, jolting me into consciousness. Groaning softly, I shifted in bed, wincing as the ache intensified with each movement.

I heard a gentle tap of the servant at my door. "Good morning my lady, the king summoned you for breakfast."

With a heavy heart and a body wracked with pain, Y/n allowed the servant to assist her, leaning on them for support as she struggled to rise from the bed. Every step was agony, each movement a reminder of the brutal punishment she had endured with king jeon.

Slowly, with the servant's help, Y/n managed to dress herself, her movements labored and unsteady. The pain in her back throbbed with every breath. "Thank you" y/n said to the servant.

She then followed the servant to the dining hall, her steps faltering with each agonizing moment.

As she entered the room, her eyes met Jungkook's, his gaze cold but he smirked as he regarded her from across the table. "Pfftt, pscho" y/n reacted without thinking of the consequences the king might bring to her once he hears it.

Y/n sat at the table, her back throbbing with pain, she tried her best to conceal her discomfort, but Jungkook's keen gaze did not miss her struggles. His expression softened momentarily, a flicker of concern crossing his features before he composed himself once more.

"Come here," he said, his voice surprisingly gentle as he gestured for her to approach him.

Y/n hesitated for a moment, uncertain of his intentions, but ultimately complied, rising from her seat and making her way towards him with cautious steps.

As she reached him, Jungkook reached out, his arms encircling her waist as he lifted her effortlessly onto his lap. Y/n's breath caught in her throat at the unexpected intimacy of the gesture, her heart racing with a mixture of apprehension and confusion.

"Is this better?" Jungkook asked, his voice low and soothing as he held her close.

Y/n nodded wordlessly, unable to find her voice as she settled into his embrace, the pain in her back momentarily forgotten in the warmth of his touch.

For a moment, they sat in silence, the only sound the soft rustle of fabric as Jungkook held her close. And in that moment, Y/n couldn't help but feel a sense of vulnerability melt away, replaced by a strange sense of comfort in the arms of the man who had inflicted so much pain upon her.

But even as she allowed herself to relax into his embrace, Y/n couldn't shake the nagging feeling that beneath Jungkook's outward facade of concern lay a darkness that threatened to consume them both—

After finishing their meal, Y/n mustered up the courage to asked king Jungkook, her voice steady despite the lingering pain in her back.

"Your Majesty," she began, her tone respectful yet hesitant, "may I request permission to go out to the garden? I could use some fresh air."

Jungkook regarded her for a moment, his expression inscrutable as he considered her request. For a brief moment, Y/n held her breath, unsure of how he would respond.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, Jungkook nodded, his features softening slightly.

"Very well," he said, his voice measured. "But do not wander too far, and return promptly when you are finished."

Relief washed over Y/n  as she bowed her head in gratitude, her heart fluttering with a newfound sense of freedom. With a murmured word of thanks, she made her way towards the garden, the promise of fresh air and solitude beckoning her like a siren's call.

she stepped into the cool embrace of the garden, Y/n closed her eyes, allowing herself to bask in the tranquility of her surroundings. The scent of blooming flowers filled her senses, the gentle rustle of leaves soothing her troubled mind. "Now, I'm going to start plotting my escape, maybe king jeon isn't that smart to start with. It was so foolish of him to let me go out in here." Y/n laugh.

As Y/n wandered through the garden, her steps purposeful and her mind racing with thoughts of escape, she kept a keen eye out for anything that could aid her in her quest for freedom. Despite the tranquil beauty of her surroundings, her senses were sharpened to a razor's edge, her every instinct screaming for her to find a way out of the king's castle.

Her gaze swept over the lush foliage, searching for any sign of weakness in the castle's defenses. She took note of the towering walls that surrounded her, their imposing presence a constant reminder of the barriers that stood between her and the outside world.

But as she scanned the garden for potential escape routes, her heart sank with the realization that finding a way out would not be easy. The castle was a fortress, its walls fortified against any attempt at intrusion, its secrets guarded by the watchful eyes of the king's loyal servants. "Wth?! This screams prison! How the hell the walls are so high, and every corner has guards or servants"

Still, Y/n refused to give up hope. With determination burning in her veins, she continued her search, her mind racing with plans and strategies as she plotted her next move. "I won't give up, all I need to do is to act kind and submissive to king jeon and he will grant my wishes."