Author's Note

ASTA CYFRIN

My stories are important to me because writing is not a profession for me, it's a hobby. It's the only way I have to express my feelings. This story might not live up to your expectations, maybe, but in life, I realized that you can't please everyone. 

The Third Person is a story about what I once thought love was and what love became. It's not a character arc of one person, it's my character arc. I am the one who changed. My characters are a part of me. If you know me, you'll see a part of me in every character. You'll see a piece of me in every sentence. Because that's why I write, to reduce the burden of feelings and emotions I have always hidden in real life in case people thought I was too dramatic. 

This book is going to be a part of a series. It's a much bigger part of a parallel universe. I call it 'Javerse', although I might come up with a better name later on. This universe has Jane Allen, and that's what makes it important. 

This universe crept up on me in my sleep and grew on me like a parasite until I decided the only way I could stop courting the devil was to write him down.

Jane Allen is not a person, maybe a fictional character for you, but she is a feeling for me. She is the feeling of having everything, but not having anything. She is a rich music artist, actress, and director. She is in my other book, 'Almost'. It's there on my dash. Explains her story, chaotically, but it's the best I could do. Maybe I'll write it better when I'm older. Maybe I'll write it better when I get that feeling more. 

Jane Allen is beautiful, but she's ugly. She's the hero and the villain. You won't understand her character, don't try to define her. She's not a big part of this story. She's just there. Like that emotion. Like any emotion that I feel. You'll read her distinctly, you'll see her in your mind, and you'll feel her distantly as if she's on the other side of a frozen glass. Because that's how I feel about her.

This storyline is messed up, to say the least. But I am a writer, I am a lonely spider. I weave webs alone, I weave castles in solidarity. I feel too much and I think too much, and I am everything you wouldn't expect in a teenage girl, but just a little too much. 

Every character is a phase. Every relationship is an emotion. Every situation is a feeling and every heartbreak is an ache. I look for the sun through the forest canopy in my dreams. I look for the stars in the dark sky. I look for the truth that I never said, I grab it and I write it. I pour my heart out, I wash it with huge laps of water, and I clean it again and then again. 

It wouldn't be me you would bury, it would be them. 

It would be them you would cry for, not me, at the wake.

I am a writer, I crack, but I don't break.