Twenty Five - Found

Zeek's point of view

"Xen! There's news!" I rush up to my older brother with excitement in my voice.

"What is it?" He grumbles. He'd been in a sour mood since Morgan had left with Zor and Thane. I couldn't blame her for leaving. As far as she knew, Xen had broken their bond and chosen another.

"Someone spotted Morgan in Lycos city four days ago," I tell him.

"Are they sure it was her?" He raises an eyebrow.

"They're positive. The woman who saw her is a dragon from our kingdom. She was at the ball and recognized her as a human," I tell him.

"Is there anything else? Where were they?" He asks, perking up in his hair.

"They were at Dracos. They were saying goodbye to a couple lycans and then they headed East," I recall the information given to me.

"There is a lycan pack south of Lycos City that Thane had befriended some of the members there, but he knew some from the neighboring packs as well. We should start East of Lycos," Xen stands up.

"Xen, what if Morgan doesn't want to see you?" I ask nervously.

"I have to try. She's bearing my child. I love Morgan and I will do anything to get her back, brother," Xen frowns, shaking his head. The loss of his mate and child had taken a toll on my brother. He'd eaten less than I'd ever seen him and my parents were even beginning to worry. He rarely emerged from his office, desperately hoping for a sign of his lost love.

Truthfully, I missed Morgan a lot myself, but I missed my grumpy twin as well. Even though Zor and I bickered, we were never apart for this long. I hoped they were all doing well, and I was sure Thane and Zor would do their best to assure the little human's safety.

"It'll take a few days to get clearance into the lycan territories. As soon as we're approved to travel we can take off and begin searching there," I tell him with a nod.

"Zeek," Xenophon says, his voice seeming deep and depressed as it had for many days now. It had been just over a week since they'd disappeared through the portal and run off. As I said, I couldn't blame Morgan for running nor my twin and cousin for helping her. I knew one of Xenophon's biggest worries was that Morgan and Thane would reconnect while they were gone, which would be a genuine concern especially when they'd connected once before.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I'm terrified that she will not agree to come back with me. What if she chooses to live her life with our child elsewhere?" He worries.

"We'll get them back, Xen," I reassure my brother, but he looks down at his desk.

"I just want my mate and child back in my arms," Xen looks like he's about to cry, his eyes turning a deep blue.

"We'll find them, I promise," I put a hand on his shoulder.

Morgan's point of view

A couple weeks after our trip to Lycos city, things began to settle down and we'd gotten into a nice routine. Thane worked for the lycans, helping out wherever the alpha needed him in order to repay the favor of us living here. He got paid as well and we were able to buy our own food and supplies. I would stay home and rest or prepare meals for Thane when he came home for lunch and for supper.

Zor and his mate were happy as can be together and they'd become inseparable. He still checked on me almost daily, but eventually Thane reassured him that he could manage a day or two on his own with me. Zor also checked the baby every time he'd see me and assured me she was growing perfectly.