Sixteen- Space Travel

A week quickly passed since we'd left Earth and I was surprisingly easy to get used to the space travel. Just a few days ago, we'd shifted into the hyperdrive, sending us speeding through space by tenfold. I'd been especially nervous when Xenophon told me we'd have to really get going. I was quite honestly terrified.

"W-what do you mean f-faster?" I had asked Xen nervously. His smile and comforting arms around me caused more of those addictive sparks to flicker through my body.

"We have to pick up the pace. We will be traveling close to the speed of light when we're at our heightened speed. We will still have another couple weeks before we arrive at our planet," he informs me. All I had been able to do was nervously nod and allow Xenophon to buckle me into the chair in the cockpit once more while we initiated the hyperdrive.

"Speed increasing now! Hold on tight!" Zeek yelled over the accelerating motor. I immediately whipped my hand over and grabbed Xenophon's tightly. He smirked over at me, holding my hand to comfort me.

In a millisecond, the entire ship seemed to move differently and my stomach begins to turn. I felt like there was a massive weight holding me down into the seat and I squeezed Xenophon's hand even tighter. I heard him giggle at my motion as I watched the stars disappear from the windows and become streaks of light around us.

I recalled Zor saying the word stabilizing before everything settles down and the off balanced feeling disappeared. The sigh of relief I let out must've been loud enough for everyone to hear because the three brothers all let out laughs and chuckles at me.

I walk out of the bedroom after yet another nap, stretching my limbs out as I walked, Xenophon closely behind me. The fatigue the pregnancy was inducing was unimaginable, especially with the child growing at a faster rate than a human would. Unfortunately for me, this time my nap was disturbed by the rolling feeling inside my stomach before a wave of morning sickness hit. Thankfully, Xenophon had been especially attentive and always brought cloths for me to clean up with and assisted me whenever I was sick or needed the restroom. Their bathroom was fairly similar to ours, but there were several buttons and keypads for various things and I honestly wasn't too concerned with figuring out how they all worked. As I said, Xenophon was happy to assist.

I'm surprised to see the twins and Thane sitting at the table, chatting about until they heard Xenophon and I open the door.

"Hey cutie," Thane says with a wink, his eyes flashing up behind me, clearly intending to rile Xenophon up. As Thane wanted, Xen growls lightly from behind me, placing a hand on my hip as if to show who I belonged to. Thane just laughs, enjoying having gotten a reaction from his cousin. "You feeling any better yet?" He asks, a crooked smile left on his lips.

"Compared to five minutes ago, yes I'd say I feel rather good for the moment," I laugh out. It was no shock that everyone must've heard me getting sick, but after a week of it I stopped caring. Zeek and Zor even had to help me out once or twice, being just as caring towards me as Xen had.

Zeek is sitting with Thane in the booth facing the bedroom while Zor sat alone in the other. Zor turns back and smiles at us before patting the seat beside him and moving over a bit. I gladly take the seat, Xenophon following and sitting on the other side of me, sandwiching me between the two brothers.

Our conversation quickly makes a turn from general small talk to what exactly we will be doing when we arrive.

"Those pretty green eyes are going to be a dead giveaway that she isn't one of us, Xeno. Are you going to tell everyone of her existence and species right away?" Thane asks.

"I don't think that would be wise," Zor interjects. "Perhaps we could get her some colored eye lenses to help her blend in a bit more until we can make another plan," Zor suggests.