Chapter 49 Lane Is Captured 2

Start from the beginning

“Move Out!” A sergeant yelled.

The convoy that had brought them here drove forwards, heading out of the facility gates into the vast, barren land.

Looking out the window, the only thing that would come into view was nothing but dust and sand as unlike the other Cadmus facilities located in or near populated areas, this one was right in the middle of a desert.

Of course, there was a military base not too far from here, which was Sam's next destination.

Sam didn't bother to take a look. His face sported a deep frown as countless thoughts roamed through his mind.

“Alice!” Lane called out as he picked up a tablet at the far right.

“Yes Sir?” The screen lit up immediately, followed by a small holographic projection of the Red Loli.

“Report”. He said.

“Your orders have been carried out as you requested, general. However......”.

The tone of the AI drawled.

Sam's face grew ugly.

“..... There has been a slight complication with your plans”.

“Explain”. With an unsightly expression, the general ordered with a low growl. Judging from her tone, he knew that something had gone wrong again.

“All news on file A06 has been suppressed according to your commands. From the quick reaction of the military, the incident should have disappeared into the background. Away from the knowledge of the common populace. That was until tonight”. Alice reported.

Sam's face grew uglier with each passing second.

“Let me guess. Someone didn't want it to silently disappear?”

“Yes”.

“And now, a week later, someone spread it out?”

“Yes”.

“And right now, as I'm speaking, it's slowly becoming a sensation?”

“Yes”.

Although he tried his best to maintain his poker face, the slight trembling of his hands showed that General Lane was anything but calm at this moment.

Sam, at this point, found the continuous “Yes” answers particularly irritating.

“Who?” He asked with eyes gleaming with coldness.

“There is no verified source general. It suddenly appeared on the internet an hour ago. However, there are people using it to their advantage”.

“Name”. He said as he made a slight gesture.

“Gordon Godfrey”. The Red Queen stated.

“Luthor!” Uttering with narrowed eyebrows, Sam's already bad mood worsened.

“Show me”. He said after a moment of silence.

The Red Queen disappeared, and several holographic screens appeared in her place. Showing news reports, television broadcasts, internet topics all over the web.........

All talking about The Gotham City Disturbance.

File A06 was the case file Sam had created for The Deviant. Recording every and all information they could gather on The Deviant as well as his every public action, public sightings and more. The latest addition to this file was the noticeable battle the person in question had with the Justice League a while back.

Lane had suppressed this issue as soon as it was discovered. But now, it was everywhere.

As soon as the news appeared, it spread like wildfire on a dry grassland. The sudden drop had caught Lane off guard at an inappropriate time.