XXII. "Don't call me 'sir'."

En başından başla

To keep her safe from his enemies, Manav had appointed a whole lot of bodyguards who followed her wherever she went, and it was pretty annoying but she didn't complain because she knew it was for her own good. However, the peculiar men in black were proving to be quite a distraction for the curious pupils around the school. For this alone, Aastha had decided to leave her job and become a housewife.

And Manav, being a good husband, supported his wife wholeheartedly. He let her cry on his shoulder when she felt uncomfortable at the thought of leaving the job she loved with all of her heart, and he also helped her to get rid of the insecurities of her being a burden on him.

"Aastha, are you ready?" Manav asked, checking the time on his watch for the umpteenth time.

Aastha had finally mustered up the courage to leave her job, and Manav had offered to tag along so that she wouldn't be alone while handing out her resignation letter.

"Wait a minute." She called out, emerging from his room while fixing the watch on her right wrist.

Manav's eyes did not stray away from his muse's figure even for a second. His eyes were encapturing Aastha's alluring saree as she led the way to his car. It seemed that he was fascinated by the way she carried herself.

'How come I never noticed this before?' He thought, breaking away from his train of thoughts when they reached near his car.

He jogged forward and opened the car's door for her, bowing his neck a little which made her smile at his chivalry.

***

"I will drop you off at your office." Dhruv said, refraining her from leaving his office.

After they had finalised the designs and discussed everything thoroughly, Mishka was free to leave. The thorough discussion annoyed her at great lengths because he made her repeat everything twice, but she kept quiet because this was an opportunity she couldn't afford to miss.

She believed that Dhruv made her repeat all the points of their deal to annoy her, but she couldn't be any more wrong. Dhruv did so because he wanted to buy some time with her, even though he had a bunch of highly important meetings lined up.

"No, it's okay. You must be busy." She curtly and politely dismissed his offer, sashaying forward to open the door. However, the door suddenly got locked from the inside.

Mishka turned around with a fake smile on her face, and asked,"What do you want, Mr. Rajput?"

"What if I say, I want you, Mrs. Rajput?" He smirked, holding the remote high up in the air for her to see and know why she couldn't open the door.

"Quit playing games, Mr. Rajput, and open the damn door."

"Are you frustrated, Mrs. Rajput?" He cocked his head to the side, giving her an innocent smile that made her want to smash something on his head.

"Fine! You can drop me." She sighed, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms against her chest.

"Thank you, my lady." He cracked a smile, opening the door for her and following her out to his car.

"Where is your car?" He asked, looking around the almost empty parking area.

"Servicing." She kept her response curt, not wanting to engage in a conversation with him.