XV. "I am not doing this willingly."

Third Person

Mishka had vanished inside the palace, and Dhruv had just parked his car in the garage when he received a message from the head of his security team— Keshav.

He furrowed his brows, and opened his phone to see the message hurriedly, for Keshav had not  messaged him even once since the time he had started working under him, so it was quite shocking to see a text from him.

Keshav

Sir, we found this in your bathroom.
Should I throw it away?

No, put it somewhere safe

Do I need to track down the person who put it there?

No need.

He banged the door of his car shut before striding inside the palace, heading straight to his study where he knew the piece of paper would be waiting to be destroyed by him.

He punched the passcode and slammed the door open, not forgetting to shut it close after stepping inside. He picked up the wrinkled paper from his desk and surfed through its contents, remembering the numerous tales his grandfather had told him about his great-great-grandfather who had loved his wife to the moon and back, but she had betrayed him.

That was one of the reasons why he never believed in love. He used to think that no matter how much you loved a woman, they would never  reciprocate it, so why even bother to do so? However, after he read his great-great-grandmother's confession of her undying love for her husband, he started questioning all the believes he had kept in his mind since the past twenty seven years, and he did not like that.

He knew there was a huge elephant in this palace since the day he was born, but he chose not to reveal it, for he was afraid of the consequences. But, now that Mishka had gotten hold of one of the biggest secret, he was afraid it was going to bite him in the ass.

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, and opened the door of his study room before striding to the living room, yelling for everyone to come there too.

"What happened? Why are you yelling?" Mishka asked.

"Mrs. Rajput, don't you remember what you did?" He kept his voice calm, not letting his rage seep into his voice, but the slight twitch in his right eyebrow and his clenched jaw gave it all away.

"Wh–what did I do?" She stuttered.

By now, everyone had gathered around the room to see what the commotion was all about.