Chapter Sixty-six: "Meese" Isn't The Plural of Muse.

Start from the beginning

Me: I only find apologies unnecessary if one hasn't done anything wrong. So don't apologize. For you, my darling, I am bias.

Me: I would like to know why it did take so long though.

Letty : It's embarrassing.

I actually facepalmed with a laugh. Why was I so nervous before? This was still Violet, my silly, sweet, beautiful, perfect Violet.

Me: Ha! I'm going to need more than that, you know?

The next minute consisted of me trying not to get Charles to think I was insane with how much I was laughing. The man kept casting glances at the rearview mirror everytime I snorted.

After I received her update, albeit a summarized one which I'd be glad to ask the details of when I saw her again, I could do nothing but smile.

Me: I'm just glad you're doing great now, Letty. That's all that matters to me. You were right to want to be apart for a while, we've both learned important things during this time. Speaking of, I have especially great news.

Letty : Oh! Do you want to share it at the Ramirez's Send-off next tomorrow? If it can wait, I mean. Tell me now if it can't."

Me: The Send-off?

Letty : I know it's short notice, I get it if you're too busy to come... Can you?

"This girl." I whispered, leaning my head back again. Short notice? Too busy?
I was literally looking for reasons not to get on the next plane and fly back to town tonight. My hands were shaking just thinking about holding her again.

I was definitely hitting the gym tonight to let go of all this excited energy.

Me: I won't miss it.

ヾ✧*。✧*ノ゙✧*。

Violet's POV:

"Violet, eat the damn sandwich!" Mom said in a way that let me know she was putting her foot down for this one.

"I already had a coffee, Mom." I protested, it didn't seem like I was going to win the fight this time. "I promise I'm not hungry."

"Your diet is worrying." Dad put in, passing by the dining table we were at. "I'll go start the car, we're heading out in a bit."

"Hopefully this changes after he arrives." Mom said slyly, picking and cradling Moo in her arms before my cat could grab at the sandwich. Moo was especially big lately, someone was definitely feeding her extra when I wasn't looking. I was going to address that soon, after I dealt with the matter at hand.

"How many times do I have to say it? The quantity of food I can stomach at a time is not relative to the proximity of a guy!" I explained.

"Not just any guy!" Susan called from my living room.

"Can we please hurry, everyone? We don't wanna be late," Annie asked, "I still have to pick up a dress for the party after the airport."

"We're not moving until Violet takes a bite of the very healthy sandwich I prepared for her." Mom said pointedly.

Unwilling to waste more time, I took a big chomp and chewed, all the while staring into her face. But then I groaned, instantly tired of the whole thing. "Please don't make me finish this."