CHAPTER XV - Backstabber

Mileena opened her eyes slowly. She hadn't remembered everything that happened, but she remembered enough.

She was in a cell again. Great. She had just got out of another, now she's back. Why did this have to happen? That was the least of her worries anyway, she cared more about the others. Especially Kitana and Tanya.

She rubbed her temples as she sat up. She looked inside her cell, she was sharing one with Li Mei and Jade. She groaned, standing up. Her feet wobbled a bit. How long was she asleep?

She hoped it wasn't more than a day. Who knows what Shao is more capable of?

She peered into the other cells, Tanya and Kitana were sharing one. Mileena wished she was sharing a cell with her instead. She looked at the one next to theirs, someone was in there, but who?

She squinted, trying to get a better look, but it was no use.

She sighed. She wished she could wake Li Mei and Jade up by shaking them, but she didn't know them well. Mileena assumed they would get mad. She definitely didn't want to touch Li Mei either.

She walked to the bars of her new cell, she grabbed onto them.

"Tanya?! Kitana?!" She shouted in a whisper. "Please wake up!"

Unfortunately, they didn't. She breathed in deeply, hoping that they're all right.

She turned to the others. Maybe they won't care if she wakes them up.

"Mileena?" She heard a voice behind her, she quickly turned. The person in that cell was her Father.

"Dad?" She replied. "You're okay!"

"Yes, I am. You know what happened, right?"

"Sort of, yes. How did you get here?"

"I do not remember exactly. I was knocked unconscious by someone, that is all I remember. Shao took my throne."

"Yeah, I know..."

She groaned, remembering all that she could. "It makes me so angry. How could he do this?"

"I am unsure. Try to stay calm though, I do not want you to turn to your Tarkatan form."

"Right." Mileena took a deep breath one last time, she tried to stay calm the best she could. She may not be fond of Li Mei, but she did not want to brutally kill her.

"It was Skarlet," said Jerrod.

"What?"

"Skarlet stole the crown. She had admitted to it. Shao also planned all of this."

"I knew he planned this...but I did not know Skarlet stole the crown..." Mileena groaned. "Elder Gods..."

Mileena heard someone waking up, it was Jade and Li Mei.

"Good to see you two are alive," she said.

"Hardly," Jade responded.

She brushed dust off of her then helped Li Mei up. Tanya woke up, and began to wake Kitana up as well.

"Sister, Father is fine! He is in the cell next to you!"

"Really?" Kitana walked closer to the neighboring cell. "Dad?!"

"I am here, Kitana."

"Oh! I am so glad you're okay! I was worried, I thought Shao did something bad or—or—something!"

"I know. No worries though, I am unharmed. Kind of."

"I cannot believe we are in another cell. I had just got out of that other one."