27. Revolution

The Pharaoh actually looked worried for a moment "Guards...Guards! Take Kate Oliver into custody and bring her to me at once." 

He turned away heading back inside the pyramid with a few guards following him. I saw a few chickens  run passed him followed by a few more animals making a run for it. Thomas appeared from the crowd and helped me stand up.

"Suck it in boy, you did the best you could." Thomas states. I didn't even notice that tears were streaming down my face. I could barely move. The sound of Kate sheathing her sword brought my attention back to her. Even with the Pharaoh's command none of the guards moved. Kate walked towards them still very pissed off. She approached one of the guards and removed the whip from him. The man looked terrified.

"What's she doing?" I heard Thomas ask. The guard thought she was going to attack him with it as he tried scrambling backwards before falling to the ground. She then grabbed a torch and set a ruined stall on fire. It lit up pretty quickly. She tossed the whip into the fire. Then walked to another guard and did the same. 

"Knightly didn't deserve to die" she stated "All he wanted was a better life for these people. It wasn't selfish for he didn't want others to suffer."

"He wanted people to live" Julian appeared from behind us along with everyone else that entered the pyramid. Camille ran over to Stella and comforted her the best she could. 

"I'm not going to let him die in vain. I'll finish what he started no matter the cost." Kate took out her sword and approached a group of people chained to the stairs of the pyramid. She brought her sword down, with a hint of red in her eyes, shattered the shackles they were chained to "Burn the whips, free the slaves and open the damn gates."

Beda walked over to her and with his big axe shattered even more shackles that people were chained to. Donner, Worm and Alex grabbed whips from the surrounding guards thus throwing the weapons into the fire. Some of them even threw the weapons in themselves.

"Burn the whips!" Someone from the crowd shouted then more started cheering it on. "Free the slaves!"

"Open the gates!"

More and more started cheering and before long people grabbed their weapons and did exactly what they cheered on.

"There are three gates!" Kate stood on top of a stall to get everyone's attention "Donner, Worm take the water gate! Beda, Stella take the South Gate! Matt, Alex take the North gate! Citizens of Maganti split up with my crew and get those god damn gates open! Tonight the people of Maganti take back their city, take back their freedom!"

The crowd cheered on and all raced towards the gates. I tied up my leg as best I could before Kate came over to me "Can you walk?"

"I'll be fine, I'll get that gate open I promise."

She nodded and Alex helped me up to my feet as we headed for the North Gate.

                                                                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stella" Kate knelt down, placing a hand on her shoulder "I'm so sorry"

Stella wiped tears from her eyes before laying Knightly's head on the ground. Julian brought some sort of cloth over and covered his body.

"He saved me" Stella said "I'll save his people for him. That gate will open if it's the last thing I do. What are you going to do? Are you headed for a gate?"

Kate stood up along with Stella "No, the citizens of Maganti are opening those gates tonight and not a thing can stop them now. We took everything and everyone out of that pyramid. If he wants to keep his city the Pharaoh is going to have to send more guards to the gates. As soon as he opens those doors to the pyramid, he's mine."

Stella took hold of Kate's shoulder "Kick his ass and don't you dare hold back!"

Kate grinned, nodded and watched as Stella and Beda took off towards the South Gate.