Chapter 27: Chapter 12

A/N: Standard disclaimer: I own Nothing in this story except my OC. Everything Rwby-related content belongs to Rooster Teeth and respective artists. Everything Honkai-related content belongs to HoYoverse and the respective artists.

Mei-senpai = Thoughts/Flashback

Far East border. A few weeks ago.

Sienna stood alone on the rooftop of a skyscraper and looked down at the urban nightscape. The meeting should have started 10 minutes ago, but he was not here yet. She told herself to be patient. A soldier must find the perfect opportunity to strike.

The door suddenly opened.

"I'm glad you're here." A familiar voice said.

"As so this is before Glynda and the crew arrived." Ozpin said.

"You're late, Gray Serpent. You owe me an explanation." Sienna said.

"Forgive me, Sienna. I was... delayed by some personal matters. The Serpent has a message for you." Grey Serpent said.

"What does the Serpent demand?" Sienna asked.

"Open the Eye of the Deep. I know you can bring The Deep under your control." Grey Serpent said.

The Deep was a classified secret of her organization. Sienna was surprised that Gray Serpent knew of it. She hid her surprise and tried to maintain her air in the negotiations.

"The Eye? What are you planning?" Sienna asked.

"Open the way to the Sea of Quanta and free our kin." Grey Serpent said.

"I can deploy my forces to The Deep, but the Eye is beyond my power. Only the Sovereign and his most trusted retainers know how to open that portal." Sienna said.

"I heard that Einstein performed a secret experiment on the Eye a year ago. And I trust you to figure out what exactly happened." Grey Serpent said.

"Understood. One thing though. Einstein has no love for me. I may need your help when the time comes." Sienna said.

"With pleasure. And I need to borrow something from you." Grey Serpent said.

"What?" Sienna asked.

"The Gem of Desire." Grey Serpent said.

"That doesn't come cheap, mind you." Sienna said.

"I didn't come empty-handed. You'll have the promised payment after it's done. Your precious... Penny." Grey Serpent said.

"Guilt tripping." Tai said.

Though years had passed, Sienna's heart still missed a beat when she heard the name. Every syllable dealt a merciless blow to her heart.

"Yes, she's still around. The X-10 Project simply sent her to a dimension we can't reach. Scratch our back, and we'll scratch yours." Grey Serpent said.

"I understand why she partnered with him but what she did is still wrong." Weiss said

Sea of Quanta. Present moment.

"The barrier created by Welt is fading away. The Blake has entered the Sea of Quanta. The Blake must find Seele and the Gem before the Serpent does." Blake said.

"Blake..." A voice said.

"Identify yourself." Blake said, looking around

The strange voice sounded familiar for some reason.