~

Back In The Present 

"Yeah, whatever. We're just hanging out and he's really cool and it figures out we live right next to each other" Wade who had passed the phone to Bob "Well, isn't that interesting. Anyway, since Jack is with you ask him if he wants to go to Minx's sleepover. Which is this Friday," Bob said with a smirk. 

When they were kids Minx always had the biggest house and her mom was always nice, so they had sleepovers' every weekend. Fortunately, bringing them together even more. "Yeah sure, uh well, I got to go later guys" Mark hung up the phone and sighed in the mirror. He ran his fingers through his hair and looked at his reflection in the mirror. 

He left the bathroom and walked back into his room to see Jack still on his phone. "Uh, hey Jack," Jack looked up and smiled at Mark "Hey Mark," Mark's heart fluttered and jumped from inside "Jack, you wanna come to a sleepover this Friday? It's at Minx's house and it's all of us, not just girls," Mark said awkwardly, he mentally slapped himself remembering that Jack was bisexual. 

Jack laughed and nodded "Yeah, sure I love to come. I'll just ask my Ma and see where it goes from there" Mark smiled as there was a knock on the door. "Come in!" Mark said as his mother entered the room. "Hi, you must be Jack, right?" Mark's mom asked, walking inside her son's room. Jack smiled and stood up "Yeah, you're Mark's Mom, right? Pleasure to meet you." she smiled and waved at Jack. "Your right next to us right? Mrs. McLoughlin's son right? Yeah, I talked with your Mom as I came back from work. Wasn't she right, you are a nice boy." she smiled as she looked at Mark "Take care of him," Mrs. Fischbach said as she winked at Mark, causing him to blush instantly. 

"Yep, okay, we're coming down now Mom," Mark said, practically pushing his mom out the door. She laughed as she left downstairs, leaving Mark a blushing maniac. Jack giggled from Mark's blushing state "Haha, you should see your face when your Mom said things to me" Mark snapped back and chuckled. Jack instantly started to blush "What ever you big doof, lets go" Jack said smiling. 

The two got downstairs and was met with Mark's family. Tim was already eating his spaghetti practically shoving it inside his mouth. Mark's dad, Mr. Fischbach, was already at the table reading a newspaper, as Mrs. Fischbach served her husband his plate along with Jack and Mark. "Hey dad, this is Jack one of my new friends." Jack smiled brightly, wanting to make a good first impression. "Hello Mr. Fischbach, my name is Sean but everybody calls me Jack. Pleasure to meet you," Jack introduced himself politely. "Nice to meet you Jack, I'm Mark's father, Mr. Fischbach" Jack and Mr. Fischbach shook hands as they sat down. Jack sat next to Mark and Tim and Mark sat next to Jack and his dad. 

Mark's parents started small talk with Jack, wanting to know more about their son's newest friend. Due to the fact Mark's parents both know and accept Mark being bisexual they tend to tease him about it with his other guy friends. 

"So Jack, your a transfer, right?" Mr. Fischbach asked, Jack nodded and turned to him "Yes, from Ireland. Me, my ma, and sister Sam, all came down here from Ireland." Mr. Fischbach nodded and continued to eat. "You met Mark today Jack?" Mrs. Fischbach asked "Yeah, at lunch him and his other friends' befriended me. Which was awesome because I thought I wouldn't make friends that quickly but I did!" Mark almost choked when he heard Jack saying he thought he wouldn't make friends. Who wouldn't like Jack? He's amazing, funny, and everything in between. Mark's parents smiled at Mark, proud of their son making new friends and making them feel welcome. 

Soon dinner was over and Jack offered to wash the dishes after complimenting that amazing plate of food. "Oh, it's okay Jack you don't have to, I have it." Jack smiled brightly, which Mrs. Fischbach took notice of. "Are you sure? If you say so, I'm always happy to help," Jack said still smiling. Mrs. Fischbach smiled back "Wow, I wish my sons would actually lift a finger," she said emphasizing the word 'My' and 'Lift a finger' which made Jack laugh. Jack notice the time, it was already 8pm and he had school tomorrow. 

"Well, sadly, it's getting late and I gotta go home before my ma has a heart attack. Thank you so much Mrs. Fischbach for dinner, it was amazing." Jack said thanking Mrs. Fischbach. "You're very welcome Jack and you're always invited back, goodnight." she said as she started to wash the dishes. Jack smiled "Goodnight" he said as he walked out the kitchen. 

"Hey Mark, I gotta go before my Ma has a heart attack. Thanks Mark for having me over. Thank you Mr. Fischbach as well, for having me over." Mr. Fischbach smiled as he shook Jack's hand once again. "You're always welcomed back Jack" Mark smiled "You want me to walk you home?" Jack smiled and laugh "Mark, you do know that I live right next to you, right?" Mark blushed and rubbed the back of his head. Forcing a laugh "Yeah, yeah I know, well night Jack! See you tomorrow at school. Thanks for coming over by the way," Jack smiled and nodded. "Night Mark," Jack said as he waved goodbye to everyone. Jack left outside and had a big small walking home. 

As soon as Jack left Mark's dad slapped him in the back of his head, "Good one hot shot" he said scoffing. Mark blushed "I was just going to walk him to his house," "Which is right next to ours," now we see where Mark gets his sassy from. Mark rolled his eyes "Yeah, yeah" "He's a keeper you know?" suddenly his mother chimed in from the kitchen "And attractive!" she giggled "Mom, what if he could hear you?!" Mark whispered/yelled back. "So, you do like him? Is this going to be just like Aaron?" in all honestly Mark never liked talking about Aaron with anybody besides Bob and Wade. It was a topic he wasn't very good at controlling his feelings at. "I don't know, I'm going to my room," Mark sighed as he went towards his room. 

Jack got back at his house calling out for his mom telling her that he was here. She came downstairs to greet her son. "Hey sweetie how was it?" she asked wanting to know more about her son's little 'date' with Mark. "Ma, it wasn't a date if that's what you're hinting at. We just played video games, watched movies and ate" Jack said leaving out the part when the practically cuddle together. She smiled and pinched Jack's cheeks "I'm just glad that my little boy found someone!" she squealed. Jack laughed "Hey ma? They invited me to a sleepover on Friday, can I go?" his mother smiled with happiness, she was happy that Jack had found friends. "Of course you can, just call me before you go to bed and when you wake up. Oh, and funny business can be done with protection or I will make sure you can't do those things again," Jack blushed but was instantly scared by his mother's threat, he coughed awkwardly. "Yeah, yeah of course, well look at the time I'm going to for shower! Later Ma!" Jack quickly walked away and into his room.

He retrieved a towel and took his phone in the process. He almost never takes showers at night but this time, he didn't really mind. Jack stripped down his clothes and turned the shower on to his desired temperature. As he was in the shower he started to think. 

Did he have feelings towards Mark? He already knew that he was indeed attractive to men, but he only just met Mark. Yes, he is extremely handsome and caring. But was Jack already noticing feelings towards him. Sighing, he decided to give it time. Maybe he does have feelings towards Mark but isn't accepting it right now. Jack shrugged and finished washing himself. He changed into his spare clothes he brought with him and went to his room. 

A/N Thanks everyone who is reading these chapters! I've been getting great feedback about this book. So I decided not to delete it and keep writing. Tell me what you think in the comments about this story. As well what do you think about side ships? I already know I asked about this but just double checking. Anywhore, thanks so much everyone who is tuning in with this book so far and more chapters up ahead. I know, I need to get my schedule back up. I'm working on it! 

Oh, I'm so sorry I didn't mean to yell. Here have a cookie. 

Anyways, thanks so much for reading this long ass chapter and I'll update this soon!