Chapter 18 - Oracles Revelation

Start from the beginning

"Good, good."

Both of the shamans sighed a breath of relief after hearing Deon's answer.

"I will say this one more time. Cruel Hardt, you are the last defense. Please protect him."

Cruel didn't know if he could say it right now but he felt like doing so anyway.

"I will, that's always been my plan ever since."

"Then we will head back now."

The two shamans excused themselves as they returned to the front of the palace.

'Deon in grave danger... So this time it isn't because of Duke Illuster.'

Cruel felt like he had an inkling on who it was. The group earlier he met before returning home definitely seemed out of the ordinary.

'Perhaps they don't mean it literally. That blonde man had pointy ears like a demon and was traveling with two humans as well.'

He concluded that 'otherworldly' meant out of the ordinary. Cruel wasn't sure whether or not if people from another world existed but he decided that the group of three was definitely strange.

"Brother?"

"...Deon.."

Cruel snapped out of his thoughts immediately when Deon called him. He noticed these days Deon rarely used his split personality, he wasn't sure if that was good or bad but times like this when Deon looked up innocently to him, it made him remember their childhood.

If it wasn't for the duke, his brother would have never done these things. He could have been the cheerful Deon Hardt as he always was, the treasure of the Hardt family.

"It's nothing."

It seemed that he's been getting weaker lately, emotionally at least. If he keeps this up Duke Illuster would find out but at the same time, moments like these were rare to come by. His younger brother was always on guard and resulted in his split personality to kick in.

"Count Hardtttttt!!!!!!"

"Allethea- Don't leap at him!"

Elpidius held back the excited Allethea who was just a few seconds away from breaking all of Deon's bones.

"We greet the future of the empire."

"Enough, enough! No need to be formal, we're friends right?"

"I-"

"I will excuse myself."

"Ah yes, goodbye Sir Cruel!

Cruel quickly left, leaving betrayed Deon behind with the two royals. But as always, this was a misunderstanding, Cruel thought that; some friends around his age could help. So when he saw Elpidius and Allethea enter he left.

***

'No! I did everything in order to avoid them, not have tea with them!'

Deon sat in the middle between Allethea and Elpidius in the imperial garden. He felt awkward sitting between two people who were acting like they liked him.