The Red Shadow

As Bingo and I approached mum and explained the situation, she agreed to let me take a day to go with Bingo. Considering I had all my grades at a decent spot.

"Okay Bingo, we're here!" I had driven Bingo to school, and as we hopped out of the car, a little bulldog ran up to us.

"Hi Bingo!" He said, Bingo promptly responded with a hello as he walked away, Bingo stated that most of her class was nice. Others, not so much.

"Okay Bingo, well I'm right here if you need okay?" I told her, she nodded and went to do her own thing.

I sat down with Mrs retriever, talking to her about Bingos past experiences with the teasing. She claims that Bingo never came to her about it, and she never knew Bingo was having trouble.

"Mr Bingos Brother?" A small wiener dog had approached me now, "You may want to go help Bingo!" He let me know of my sisters whereabouts and what he meant, it was time to stop the little bugs from hurting my sister.

As I approached the location that I was given, the sand pit, I had seen three other pups around my little sister.

"Stubby!" One of them shouted

"I-I am not!" Bingo yelled in defense.

Bingo used her big-girl-bark, she kept trying until I joined in.

My bark was much deeper and more significant than what these three could muster, frightening the three pups.

"I would ask that you are to not mess with my sister, ya got that?" I asked them as I approached from behind.

One of the pups turned around and swung at me, luckily Bingo caught his arm before contact and yipped in his ear, causing him to clutch his ears to the side of his head.

"Don't you dare hit Nick!" Bingo yelled.

"I'm going to say this once, and you all listen well..." I began, the three looked at me.

"Stay away from my sister." I said in the most calm and menacing voice I had, they all knew I meant business and nodded.

"Now run along, and don't let me catch you doing this to Bingo or any other dog again."

The three didn't cause anymore problems from that day forward. Bingo and I played around a bit with some of Bingos friends, until Bingo stood on a prickle.

*Yip* "Ow!" Bingo screamed out as she hopped away from it. I picked up my sister to see a needle in her small paw, I brought her in to Mrs retriever and she gave me some pliers.

"Okay Bingo, be strong for me okay? I'm going to help." I asked her, she nodded and grabbed Mrs retrievers hand.

As I started to take the needle out, Bingo Yipped again. This one was lodged into her foot pretty far, and we needed something more advanced.

"Bingo, we may need to go to the doctors." I told her, she whined, "No... I don't want to!"

"Bingo, please don't be like this... You know it'll help" I told the little heeler, she frantically tried grabbing at the prickle and yanked it out, yipping loudly in the process.

"Woah Bingo! How'd you-" I stopped to see my sister's foot bleeding from the point of the prickles location, she may have gotten it out, but it was so far in that the skin had been punctured.

"Mrs retriever, bandages please?" I asked, she reluctantly handed them to me, we cleaned Bingos little battle wound and she giggled afterward.

"I look silly!" She said moving her foot around, the bandages made her foot look like a fruit basket. The bandage we used was a rainbow color.

"Even in pain, you still laugh everything off, you are my little trooper Bingo." I told her.

Fun little note, the word 'trooper' has autocorrected to 'stripper'.
Luckily I changed it 🤣

"Nick?" She asked, "Yes Bingo?"

"Are you happy or sad with me?" She asked me, "Oh Bingo I'm happy with you!" I said, "You overcame a prickle that even I couldn't do! You're a little soldier in my book!" I scratched her head, her little tail now wagging profusely. She giggled the entire time.

"Well, I'm sorry about what's been going on Bingo" Mrs retriever told my sister, "Why didn't you come to me before?" She asked, "Anytime I tried, they would shove me and push me. They told me if I tried they'd hurt me." Bingo replied.

"I will have them sorted out right away, you two have a good day now." It was the end of hours for Bingo and I, we were heading home.

"I love my red shadow!" Bingo screamed.

It made me laugh under my breath.