Chapter 18- Crushes, Cats, and Crisis

Zacznij od początku

Gibsie turned back to Claire, "He's had an episode."

"Another one?" Scrambling off her bed, she adjusted her pajama shorts and padded towards him. "Where?"

"Uh..." Shrugging sheepishly, Gibsie gestured to the door that we had just barged through.

"He's in my house?" Claire squealed.

"Why is your cat in her house?" Lizzie asked, and Shannon nodded approvingly at that.

"He wasn't feeling well," Gibsie replied. "I took him for a walk."

"You took your cat for a walk?" Lizzie shook her head. "Boy needs institutionalizing."

"Right on that" I grumbled.

"It's not that strange," he huffed defensively. "I live across the street."

"Did you put a leash on him?" Lizzie questioned.

"Obviously." Gibsie looked at her like it was the dumbest thing he'd ever heard. "How else was I supposed to walk him over here?"

"Then I stand by my previous statement."

"Wow, you're a barrel of laughs, aren't ya?" Gibsie shot back sarcastically. "Pierce is a lucky lad."

Lizzie responded by flipping him off.

"Focus," Claire snapped, clicking her fingers in Gibsie's face. "Where is he now?"

"He's in your bathroom."
Grimacing, Gibsie added, "He's had an accident."

"What kind of accident?" Claire growled.

He shrugged sheepishly.

"The explosive diarrhea kind?"

"Gerard!" Claire screamed, slapping his bicep. "I told you not to bring him over here after the last time."

"I was worried," he groaned, rubbing his arm. "I'm sorry. But you have to help me, Ethan wouldn't"

"Because you said he needed a walk! The fuck was I supposed to say!" I shouted.

Ask Hughie to help you," Claire growled, planting her hands on her hips. "I'm tired of rescuing you."

"I can't," he groaned. "He's dropping Katie home and picking up the lads before we go out."

"So why are you still here?" Lizzie quipped, as she flicked through a magazine.

"Hey," Shannon said quietly, poking her rib. "Don't be mean."

"Ugh!" Claire growled as she stomped out of the room with Gibsie hot on her heels, leaving me standing there like an idiot.

"That boy is an idiot," Lizzie muttered, not looking up from her page. "Our friend is in love with a class-A idiot."

"I'll pray for her" I sighed, turning back to the door to leave.

"He's not that bad," Shannon replied and then quickly backpedaled. "Hold on – you think Claire's in love with Gibsie?" she asked, as if it wasn't painfully obvious that he was.

"Isn't it obvious?" Lizzie asked at the same time that I said "Duh".

"What girl in her right mind puts up with years of flirting and tormenting if she doesn't have serious feelings for him?" Lizzie continued.

"Gerard!" Claire screamed at the top of her lungs, distracting us both. "Your cat is shitting in my bathtub!"

"I know," Gibsie groaned loudly. "It smells so bad, and he won't stop."

"I have to see this," Shannon snickered, scrambling off the bed. "Are you coming?"

Lizzie shook her head. "Nope. I've seen more than enough of their antics to last me a lifetime, thank you very much."

As I turned to face Shannon as she walked out, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me into a hug.

I looked down to see Marci curved around me like she hadn't seen me in years.

I wrapped my arms around her back, and she pulled away swiftly.

"Hey grumps"

"I'm still smiley- " I argued, but before I could give it thought, she grabbed onto my wrist and headed towards the door.

"Come on, I've got to see this" she said, and I followed behind like a lamb to the slaughter.

Authors Note

heyyyy

So i've been writing ahead (hence why i haven't updated) so ive gotten like half of 6 different chapters written. anyway, my notes have gotten a tad wordy so...

if your reading this, this is your sign to go watch the first iron man.

go check out my pinterest for inspo boards on this story @defnotkaty

that's all (this is still wordy so i'm sorry)

Ily!! (you are loved 🥰)

- Kat

WC- 1186