" and for my bath.. I will take it alone.. I am too tired to get ready for court "I said and they stared at me confused.

When I thought I can finally breathe, they came inside with food. Lily was too silent which makes me anxious. I am quite hungry so I started eating. I think I am going crazy... When I chewed on the meat I keep remembering our kisses and I know my face is getting red!! Athy come to your senses.!! 

" princess.. You should  do this often" hananh stated out of the blue making me choke my food.

"do what?!" I asked

" you should take a break from work now and then, and rest like this.. You are literally glowing today." hannah said. I got goosebumps from lily's  sharp glare .

" girls.. Go out for a while I have to talk with princess" lily said in calm tone and they left. My heart is thumping fast with lily sitting in front of me.

" athy.. Where were you last night?!" she asked in calm tone.

"that.. That.. I went to meet lucas and he took me to his secret house he built in the middle of the forest.. And lily.." I stopped not having enough courage to tell her but to my surprise she smiled after letting out a sigh.

"and...now you both are lovers ?!" she asked and I nodded a yes.

"even though We talk like friends I raised you as my daughter so I am  mad that you did it without thinking enough, you are a princess of a country, how can you...

She stopped and  sighed again , waah!! my heart stopped for a minute, how did she found out !!! i am embarrassed to death , can i dig a hole and hide in it ?!!

"Fine.. I blame your age for this, so.. What are you gonna do next?! " she asked.

" about what?! "I asked titling my head completely clueless

" tell your father about this and get engaged with him as soon as possible  " she said and stood up.

" now get ready you have to meet his majesty "she said

" wait.. Now.. You mean right now.?!! " I asked and she nodded a yes

"  you may not be aware but he was  already fed up with number of proposals he had to reject, if you don't hurry up,, then it will get difficult. Even today, a messenger  from  country  came with a Marriage proposal  thats why you should hurry." she said

Even  before I sort out my thoughts, I was in  front of  him, sitting in the garden with a teacup.

" you look happy today so you guys made up huh..?! " he asked taking a sip.

The wind made his gold strands flutter, For some reason my hands are fidgeting.

" we.. We aren't friends anymore.." I said and he put the cup on the table with a thud .

"call that punk here.. How dare he unfriend you." he mumbled. I felt shivers, why is he suddenly so pissed.?!!

" no.. No.. We.. We confessed and now we are lovers." I said in a single breathe and that's it.. He went silent... damn silent..

I can hear the birds chirping, the sound of grasshopper, the maids talking in distance.. I am sitting here staring at him with my heart anxiously waiting for his reply.

I don't know why, but he looked sad which made me wants to convince him. even before I decide on what to tell him my mouth starting moving as if my brain is preprogrammed.

"it's just.. I wanted to share this with you first, even I didn't know why, that's why I came to meet you today , I am tired so I won't come to the court today , then I will leave your highness" I said standing up and bowed to him.

I turned and walked few steps and paused when he followed me.

We stood amidst the rose garden, my mother's favourite spot, if mom was alive, I wonder how she  would  had  reacted now..?!! 

"Athanasia" he called my name in the gentle tone.

I can't get used to it, him calling my name in Gentle  tone.

He took few steps ahead and we are suddenly walking together.

" I thought we are slowly getting closer now, so I feel pissed to give you away to that cocky punk. That's all. I am not upset about you dating, so you don't have to convince me" he said patting my head.

I felt something in my heart, what is this feeling?!! It's the first time he is talking to me like this, we are getting closer?! May be it's true. !!!

" I will prepare your engagement so that i can get relieved dealing with  many bugs."  he mumbled as we reached his palace.

I felt happiness bubbling inside. I felt a warm hand in my head and looked up to see him patting my head. His eyes are as always cold but they hold something different today. He smiled a little.

The  breeze in  chilly  weather never felt this warm before!!!!, his smilimg face is so pretty!!

" you are really smiling before me  for the first time"  he said and smiled.

am i smiling ?!! may be , he also look genuinely happy for the first time today, We both smiled standing there, like a warm day in winter.

_________________________________________________

p.s. hiii guys, i am sorry for such a late update

i was hella busy past months

even now , i can't assure you i would update regularly but i will try to cause i can't drop any of my stories , i want to finish them even if it takes time

thank you so much for patiently waiting and still supporting my stories

i can't find words to express mt gratitude to you all