Chapter 1 - Duties on Kamino

"It's not fair.

The past is clear, but it's clear back there.

What's ahead? No one knows,

But it's closing in, we swear."

- Passing Through by Kaden MacKay

The alarms blared as I ran through the facility, blaster fire and debris flying as I guide the young clone cadets to safety. 

"Commander!".

I turned to look where the young trooper pointed and attempted to use the force to push the thrown bomb away from the children. Realizing with little time that it would not be enough, I put up a force shield around the cadets as it exploded.

My ears rang as I felt the immense heat from the weapon. I felt the floor start to give way and shoved the group out of the smoke. I coughed a bit as I watched the beams break and the floor fall into the ocean.

....................................................

I walked into the examination room with Master Ti and Nala Se, eager to begin healing the clone trooper Tup. I saw Fives watching on in the other room, the window still allowing him to look in. Tup was unconscious for the moment breathing through a mask. I looked up at my master and waited for the order.

"Let's begin the tests", she stated, looking on as I walked over to Nala Se.

"Administer the stimulant", the Kaminoan instructed. I pushed the vile into his chest and waited with baited breath as the droids removed the mask.

I was alarmed when the soldier woke up and began to shake as if he was having a seizure. He looked in pain, and I wished there was something I could do to help.

I jumped at the sound of banging on glass, and turned to look as Fives watched on desperately, mirroring my concern.

"His reactions are normal", Nala Se assured me when she noticed my face. I didn't believe her, but there was nothing I could do in the contrary.

"What's going on? General? General!", Fives yelled towards my master. We made eye contact and I gave him a look of apology as Shaak Ti switched the observing window off.

....................................................

I ran down the hallway after Fives, regret filling my every being. I slowed my pace down and hid as I watched him enter the genetic records hall with the AZI droid. I knew I should alert Master Ti, but I too was curious to discover what exactly this chip was, and why Nala Se had switched it out. I used the force to help me leap up onto the ceiling rafters and observed the two as they analyzed the chip.

"The sample doesn't match anything found in the Jango Fett genotype. Furthermore, it is not even completely organic. It is foreign to the body. Someone implanted it there", the AZI droid stated.

'Implanted?', I thought to myself. I considered Master Ti's idea that the separatists had done something to Tup while he was captured, but it wouldn't make sense. If it was a chip, wouldn't there have been scaring on his head?

I quietly alerted Master Ti of Fives's whereabouts before opening the escape hatch and headed towards the cloning development lab. There was something amiss here, and I planned on figuring out what.

....................................................

Blaster fire. Screams of pain. The cry of a child filled with grief and agony. The force became darker, emptier in a matter of minutes. I felt the suffering, the agony, the loss, the fear.