Chapter 46: The Element You Die

Start from the beginning

He said as if he was he was reporting to a supervisor.

"Mmmm...." (Aneria, said)

Aneria grabbed her chin to think for a while still looking at the corpses.

'It would have been better to melt them with acid power but that would have driven suspicion with the intoxicating smell I have created for it....well what a shame it will be much of a hassle to explain with their bodies here' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

"Good, I shall go to the entrance hall" (Aneria, said)

She said still looking at the assassin's corpses then turned around to look at him.

'Point'

"If he wonders what happens when he comes around tell him yourself the main assassin had an ancient scroll with the same mark behind their necks" (Aneria, said)

She said as she pointed at Dofan.

'Turn'

"An ancient scroll?" (William, asked)

He asked confused.

'Nod'

"Before the last assassin, he was the second last to go it appears that the last one did not come with the same dispatched. He is the last to go purposely" (Aneria, said)

"There are many ways assassins work and one is embodying ritual scrolls inside the very leader if there are losses like this "(Aneria, said)

"Just like the leader embodied with an ancient scroll so is the one without a mark behind his neck he is the one with the final silence command "(Aneria, said)

"The moment all of them die including himself the marks automatically appear on each of their bodies it could not work if one dies and one lives you must understand that the assassin's rule is to kill or be killed "(Aneria, said)

"There is no such disgrace as returning empty-handed "(Aneria, said)

'Although it's a different case tonight' (Aneria's inner thoughts)

'Turn'

William finally looked at her again after looking at Dofan and the last assassin that she had pointed.

'How can she know of such information? Ancient scrolls? Isn't that like black magic? Besides something doesn't add up' (William's inner thoughts)

"Your Highness how could such information be known? Besides the other assassins we caught had no marks embedded in their neck" (William, asked)

He was trying to sound respectful but he sounded a little suspicious.

"Because men are fools" (Aneria, said)

"They spout whatever they say in front of a beautiful woman just like how they dispatched others more into different places of the mansion" (Aneria, said)

"They were working for the same target but some were elite than others, they must have been the Elite that barged in this room "(Aneria, said)

She spoke up without doubt for anyone to suspect.

"Their bodies don't look as if they were slashed except for some. How come the rest look as if they had been taken off oxygen? Did something else happen here?" (William, asked)

He sure wasn't letting it go.

And she truly didn't blame him they clearly looked as if they had been robbed of oxygen and turned even blueish so he had to suspect.

"Do you think the scrolls have only one purpose?" (Aneria, asked)

She asked him as if he was being close-minded.