Moon

Doctor Harvey was in the middle of sipping his cold coffee as the farmer burst into his apartment.  "Sorry for just barging in like this," they said.

The doctor blushed slightly and looked away. "It's fine."  he said plainly.

"Is something wrong, are you feeling okay?" the farmer asked nervously.  They looked so concerned that the man couldn't help but feel touched by their concern. He smiled.
He looked back up at them. "No, nothing’s wrong," he told them. "Everything is just fine." Harvey paused again.

"You realise you fell asleep outside right??" The farmer explained.

Harvey blinked once. Once more. He shook his head. "What?" he exclaimed in alarm. “How did I fall asleep?” The thought of falling asleep outside had not even crossed his mind. In fact, he never slept much.  It was only natural to have trouble sleeping with his brain buzzing with thoughts. This night should have been no exception.

"Yeah I found you outside just as the snow started to fall" the farmer added. Harvey turned red in embarrassment "...I'm...so sorry you had to see me like that farmer...I...all I remember is taking a break outside and the next thing I know I'm in my bed!" he stammered.  His face grew hotter, and he hoped it wasn't noticeable.

The last thing he needed was for this farmer to think he was some kind of weirdo. That would be just another thing on his list to worry about.

"Oh Harvey..." the farmers voice broke a bit and they walked closer "You scared me so much you know?"  They placed a hand on his shoulder lightly, reassuringly, and the man felt a pang in his heart for the farmer. again.  How could he not? There were so many things in life he cared about that weren't important. The farm was an important one, but there were other factors as well. The farm was all he had left of home now. And yet, it felt like they were the only ones who truly cared about him. Harvey stood up and just hugged the smaller person. "Hey now it's okay you don't need to worry about me...I can take care of myself..." Harvey said softly.   The small person didn't respond though. Harvey wondered if maybe they hadn't heard him. Perhaps they had fallen asleep as well. But then he felt arms wrap around him tightly. For a moment the man tensed at the contact. What was happening?  Then Harvey sighed in relief and relaxed. He let himself be embraced. It was nice...it felt safe.  The farm had always been safe, but now to the farmer they really were safe and Harvey, well he felt that he really mattered once... 

As if he mattered more than anything else to them...