Chapter 6

It's been 10 days since Abhiraj went to the city and joined the company which made him quite busy with his work. He called three times in these 10 days and everytime his mother picks up the call. He wanted to talk to Saanvi but never once asked his mother to give the phone to Saanvi.

Saanvi was disheartened when she was not given the chance to talk to him. She didn't know how to ask her mother-in-law to let her talk to him. Padma is the one who mostly talks to him.

Saanvi felt that Padma was deliberately not letting her talk to him. And Abhiraj was getting frustrated and because of his mother boring talks he mostly hangs up the call giving some excuses.

And there is only one telephone in their house and it's mostly answered by Padma or Viraj.

Right now she is making dinner for everyone. As Preeti's due date is nearing she is not able to do much work especially when her feets are swollen because of which she cannot stand for a long time. So Saanvi is burdened with all the work. But still Preeti tries to help Saanvi by cutting the vegetables and ironing the clothes sometimes.

Serving everyone she went inside the kitchen. Her back aching because of doing so much work she just wanted to sleep now.

"Saanvi aur do rotiyan laa de" Padma's loud voice rang making her release a sigh of exhaustion.

Taking the rotis she went out and served her mother-in-law and asked Preeti if she wanted one to which she denied.

After everyone retired their room Saanvi ate her dinner and was cleaning the counter when she heard Preeti's loud and painful scream.

Washing her hands she hurriedly went out to see a panicked Atharva coming down. Padma also came and asked worriedly "kya hua beta?"

"Maa Preeti ko dard ho raha hai aaplog uske saath raho mai daima ko bula kar leke aata hu" he said going out of the house.

Padma and Saanvi both rushed to Preeti's room. Preeti was laying in the bed clutching her stomach and tears were flowing out of her eyes. Seeing her Saanvi immediately went to her side and held her hand.

Padma tried to console her and wiped the sweat off her forehead. Saanvi also had tears in her eyes seeing Preeti in so much pain.

After 15 mins Atharva arrived with a midwife. Everyone was sent outside the room except Padma who stayed beside her daughter-in-law. Preeti's cries intensifying with time.

A shrill cry was heard after 3 hours of crying and screaming bringing a smile on everyone's face. After cleaning the baby and the mother the midwife came out with the baby in her hands.

"Mubarak ho. Beta hua hai" she said handing the baby to its father. Atharva was feeling overwhelmed holding his son close to his heart.

Saanvi looked at them thinking about her and Abhiraj's future instantly bringing a small innocent smile on her face.

Viraj gave some money and went to escort midwife to her home.

.
.
.

In the morning the first thing Padma did was to call Abhiraj  breaking the news about him becoming a chacha.

"Chl thik hai chutti milegi to aana" Padma said hanging up the call with a bright smile plastered on her face.

"Saanvi jaa jaake dekh teri bhabhi ko kuch zarurt ho to" Padma said sitting on the sofa with a sigh.

"Jii maaji" Saanvi said going towards Preeti's room.

"Bhabhi aapke liye nashta laa du" Saanvi asked sitting on the bed beside the baby.

"Nahi abhi nahi" Preeti said getting up to sit.

The baby was looking at Saanvi with his doe eyes making Saanvi coo looking at his cuteness.