Chapter 1

Growing up saanvi had witnessed her father raising hands on her mother. In their village it's common for husbands to beat their wife.

A woman is not supposed to raise her voice beyond a particular octave.

She was also raised like that. She was told to be submissive to her husband. She was told to obey her husband at any cost.

She had studied till 12th standard as their village had only one school till 12th standard. And if someone wants to pursue higher studies they have to move to city to complete their studies.

Ofcourse her parents will not allow her to study further because according to them it's not necessary for women to study as at the end they are supposed to look after their home and children.

In her village no one has sent their daughters for higher studies only boys were allowed and sent to city to complete their studies.

She wanted to study further but had no other option but to get married.

Right now she is sitting on a king sized bed with veil covering her face. Her hands clenching and unclenching around her lehenga in nervousness. Her hands sweaty and body shivering.

She was told to submit to her husband tonight. She was nervous. She was scared. Scared of him.

She hasn't seen her husband yet. While sitting beside him on mandap she was intimidated by his aura. He was tall and muscular whereas she was 5'3 with petite body.

His hands were big and rough. She was afraid.

She was feeling many emotions passing through her.

Taking a deep breath she calmed herself.

She heard door unlocking and locking with heavy steps echoing in the room. The bed dipped beside her making her fist her lehenga tightly.

He lifted her veil and let it fall on the mattress. She didn't lift her eyes even once to see his face. He was staring at her intensely. Moving forward he placed a chaste kiss on her forehead.

She lifted her eyes meeting his intense yet soft gaze. He is the most handsome man she has ever seen.

His eyes were a beautiful shade of grey. It makes him unique from other men.

She lowered her eyes feeling her cheeks colouring red when his eyes turned darker.

Feeling him placing his finger on her chin and lifting her face she closed her eyes.

"Aankhein kholo saanvi" he said in his deep voice sending shivers down her spine. She was afraid of looking at him.

Reluctantly she opened her eyes meeting his intense eyes. She looked at him and held her breath because of their proximity.

He moved closer, their nose touching and kissed her cheek making her release the breath she was holding.

She closed her eyes feeling a man, who is none other than her husband so close to her for the first time in her life. His proximity was affecting her in a good way. She was feeling ticklish in her stomach because of nervousness.

Feeling his eyes she opened her eyes meeting his desire filled eyes asking for permission. She was nervous but nevertheless nodded her head. Within a millisecond she felt his cold lips on her soft and warm lips.

He started moving his lips softly enjoying her soft petal like full lips. She was numb. She didn't know what to do so she let him do what he was doing.

After a few seconds she felt the need for oxygen and tapped his shoulder lightly but he didn't leave her. She tried to get away from him but he held her neck and smooched her lips one last time before leaving her breathless.