{Chapter 9: Failure}

// I can't believe it's been actually 2 YEARS since I started this (I'll be making some anniversary art later this month) & some of y'all are surprisingly still attached, to be totally honest idk why y'all like this so much or how you put up with me. I would like to say now that I'm gonna try to stop apologizing every. single. chapter.

I've been looking in the lil' stats thing for the book recently and i'm surprised how most of you are like from all over the world, that's incredible to me. Anyways I've been ranting, hope you like this

Last thing, shout out to MooseyGirl16 for being the first person ever to make fanart of my stuff! I'm still surprised

(Ao3 writers make me realize how dedicated some people are to writing and how much lazier i am lol) //

Amalia walked out into the hall, the root-like walls spiraled around staircases and pathways. Fire light lit the hallways. Chibi stood a few paces away, leaning on the wall and fiddling with the puffy end of his strange long hat. She couldn't see his face properly through his messy white hair but she could tell he was upset.

"Chibi?" She called taking a few steps forward. He turned his head to her slightly but didn't reply.

"What are you doing out here?"

He still didn't say anything. Her words hung in the air.

"What happens if I fail again..." he mumbled finally, his voice barely over a whisper.

"What?"

He sighed and spoke up, "Last time he was here, I failed. He died while I could have done something to save him. But I was too stupid to save him then, now he hates us and- what happens if something happens again?"

Amalia was shocked and didn't know what to say. She hadn't noticed how much this was dwelling on him. It really wasn't his fault that Yugo had died, he was unprepared and panicked. Whatever Qilby had done to Yugo was strange and it was likely that no one (even a skilled Eniripsa) could have helped him anyways.

"Chibi," she spoke quietly, trying to figure out what to say, "It's not your fault he... passed. There was nothing you could have done."

"You don't know that."

"If you don't wanna believe me think of it this way, you're getting a second chance." Amalia replied. He remained silent. "We'll be in the other room, come back when you're ready."

And with that she quietly walked back into to the room with the others. I wish I knew how to help, she thought.

The others looked fed up with trying to interrogate the Eliatrope. She asked a few of them if they'd gotten anything out of him. Not even a word.

After a while everyone (including Chibi) went back up to the normal parts of the castle and discussed what to do from now on. If they continued on like this it was going to take forever to understand simply why he was here.

"We need to find Qilby." Dally said.

"That's obvious but how are we gonna find him?" Eleli replied.

"We could split up," Amalia spoke up, "Some of us stay here and try to get information out of the maybe-Yugo, and the rest of us go out and try to find Qilby."

"That sounds like a good plan, Amalia." Eva said.

"Who's going to stay then?" Ruel asked.

"Me, Amalia, Eleli, and Dally will find Qilby. Ruel, Eva, and Chibi can keep trying to interrogate him." Adamai suggested.

Everyone agreed on this plan and Amalia took everyone to some guest rooms to rest up before they left.  

// This was so short and y'all deserve longer for putting up with me but i don't know what to write to make it longer, anyways ya got plot. //