{Chapter 6: Shadows and fear}

// *clears throat* Umm soooooo, hay y'all... it's been um- about eIGhT mONtHSs sense i had a real chapter- I'M SO SORRY Y'ALL

Thank you for waiting patiently ig 😅 //

[WARNING: blood, character death, drama]

Amalia heard a yell and ran to see what happened. As she turned the corner of the dark hall, she saw Yugo. He was speechless, he stared down at his shirt already covering in blood.

Her eyes widened when she saw the knife. "Yugo! Yugo are you ok?!" she said, her voice ridden with worry and confusion. He turned to her and collapsed, Amelia caught him and sat with him in her arms.

Just then, everyone came running over to see what happened. Yugo had a knife in his chest and was laying in Amalia's arms.

"Yugo? Yugo, what happened?" Adamai said when he saw the knife.

"Qilby h-he...." he mumbled turning his eyes to Adamai but he couldn't seem to say or do much.

Adamai's eyes flared with anger, he was going to find that Eliatrope and kill him if it was the last thing he'd do.

Evangeleen was speechless, even Dally seemed unable to speak. Yugo had obviously been critically injured battling Qilby. But how had this all even started?

"Yugo you can't die, w-we'll get you some help..." Amalia whispered as tears streaked her face.

"I-I'm sorry 'Malia..." he said back, giving a pain-stricken smile.

"No... no... Someone, get Chibi!" Amalia yelled to the rest of the crew.

Adamai immediately ran off. He mumbled something through gritted teeth as he went.

"You'll be ok, buddy." Dally said kneeling down to were Yugo laid in Amalia's arms. Yugo gave him a week smile.

Just then, Chibi busted into the room carried by Adamai who had his wings out.

"What happened?" He said as Adamai dropped him, and he ran over to the Brotherhood. "Oh no..." he whispered.

"I-I'm sorry...." he whispered to Amalia.

She looked at him while more tears ran down her face, "No... you can't die like this..."

"I have bandages um- and stuff to stop the bleeding-" Chibi said franticly rummaging through his bag.

Yugo gave Amalia a weak smile, "T-thank you for caring... I'll see you again... I promise..." and after a moment, he started to fade away. Disappearing like blue smoke.

"Yugo... no... I-I..." Amalia said as she saw him disappear in her arms. Finally, he faded away completely. //like when dally died//

"He's gone... he's really gone..." Adamai said his voice mixed with shock, sadness, and most of all anger.

+++

Amalia woke up in a cold sweat. She calmed down seeing she was back in her room. Birds chirped outside the window; it seemed only a few hours before midday. She sighed and rubbed sleep from her eyes.

This is gonna be a long day, she thought.

♪◈◊▩◊

Two greyish-brown eyes stared down from a tree, watching Amelia as she exited the castle to the large royal gardens. The person fingered a silver knife that glinted in the sunlight.

// lol did you like my first grader chapter? It's kind of just a small teaser or whatever to show I'm not dead :P

Note: the reason the flashback is a little different from the first chapter is because well I wanted to add more description and make it sound better. And so you weren't just rereading the first chapter completely.

Edit June 21, 2023: I went through the entire book and changed a few things. Including adding a better description of what happened to Yugo in this chapter, fixing grammar mistakes in all chapters, and changing the knife to silver. Soon I might just replace the first chapter with that but maybe not idk. //