8. The Trip to Outer Space

Mizu stood in the kitchen with Pan, the both of them making cookies.

"No Pan! You can't eat raw dough." Mizu chased her around the house, trying to snatch the spoon with raw dough on it. Pan was a lot more capable of climbing under things than Mizu was. Mizu followed her under the table and bumped her head on the bottom, muttering a few curse words under her breath.

"Come on Pan, where did you go?" She groaned before she heard giggling coming in different directions of the house, her heading turning towards the noise each time.

"What's going on Mizu?" Gohan asked, entering the home.

"I can't find Pan, and she ran off with a spoon full of raw dough on it." She sighed, placing her hands on her waist, her head dropping.

"Pan! Come here right now." The tween walked out of the pantry with a glum look on her face, handing the spoon back to Mizu with an apology.

"You need to go to bed, it's getting late anyways." Mizu ushered her off into her room after leaving a kiss on her forehead, walking out, facing Gohan.

"You okay Mizu?" She nodded her head, but then shook it.

"I don't know what i'm doing with my life. I want to get my own place soon, settle down and have kids. Time is flying by and i can't seem to catch up with it." They moved themselves to the couch.

"Mizu, i say enjoy being young while you can, cause once you have a family you have a lot more responsibilities to take care of. Don't rush it." She found comfort in his words. He ruffled her hair before telling her to head to bed, leaving him to clean the mess in the kitchen, going to bed himself soon after. A few days later, Mizu stood next to Pan in front of Gohan and a kid Goku while Videl comforted Chi-Chi in her mourn.

"It might just be easier for you to grow up like a regular kid Dad."

"Oh please! Can you imagine someone my age married to someone who looks nine?" Chi-Chu cried even harder into her tissue.

"Can you hear me?" Mizu jumped at a voice she wasn't familiar with, noticing how everyone just looked up.

"Yeah, we hear you King Kai." Goku hopped off of the chair that looked massive compared to him. Mizu listened as this King Kai spoke, talking about how the earth with self destruct if the black star dragon balls aren't found in a year.

"Are you serious? You're telling me if we don't find them in a year, kaboom?" Gohan threw his arms up, making Mizu even more nervous.

"I think im gonna be sick." She said with her hand over her mouth, trying to keep unwanted things down. A few hours later she paced infront of the front door, tuning out Goten's mediocre flirting on the phone and Pan's loud tv show with them bickering every so often. Everyone else remained at the kitchen table. She stopped in her tracks listening to what Gohan said.

"I'm going to find the dragon balls with you." Mizu quickened her pace towards the table, her mind about to be lost.

"You can't go Dad! What if something happens to you?" Everybody stayed quiet and just looked at Mizu.

"Did you just call me dad?" Her face reddened at his question. Realizing she had already slipped up with calling Videl mom not too long ago.

"No, of course not!" She waved her hands around trying to deny the word that slipped out of her mouth. Gohan smiled at the girl and brought her in for a hug.

"I'm glad you care for my safety sweetheart, but I need to do this to help save earth, okay?"

-

"The ship carries four people comfortably, but with you being as small as you are now, it shouldn't be cramped at all." Bulma said, measuring Goku's height with her hand. Soon enough Gohan, Bulma, and Videl started checking last minute things on the ship as Mizu took a tour inside, being even more proud about how she made the design for the interior. She made a small hiding spot behind the fridge, pulling it aside, she opened the door to the small area, enough to fit two people if absolutely needed. She slid her back down the wall, finding the small and quiet area relaxing, just what she felt like she needed. Feeling a little tired, she fell asleep, leaning her head on the wall beside her.

"Uhm, where's Mizu and Pan?" Videl asked her husband who was busy toying with the controls for the ship.

"Oh, I think they're with Bulla." Videl's eyes furrowed, looking straight at the teal haired girl.

"Bulla is standing over there next to her father." She pointed at Vegeta and Bulla who were leaning against the railing. Gohan blanked, wondering where his kids were. Mizu felt rumbling around her, jolting her awake. She let out a yawn before crawling out of the space and swinging the fridge back over the door. She started to panic when she caught sight of space through the window. She ran to the control room, finding Trunks, Goku, and Pan, with Pan and Trunks fighting over a key and Goku eating his ramen.

"Where are we?" Mizu shouted, ready to pull her hair out.

"Mizu?!" Pan dropped the key by accident, Trunks wasting no time to grab it.

-

Mizu rocked back in forth in her seat with her knees to her chest and five seatbelts around her. Trunks took control of the wheel and did an emergency landing while Pan held on the side of the seat while Goku panicked in his chair.

"We're going to die!" Mizu shouted through the noise.

"What kind of adults are you?" Pan shouted through tears.

"Pan, come here!" Pan ran over to Mizu and she strapped them in together, holding on tight to the younger girl.

"We're going to be fine, I promise sweetie." Mizu comforted Pan as much as she possibly could. The ship landed with a hard thud and skidded over a mountain, landing upside down. Mizu held Pan close to her side, making sure she doesn't slip out of the seatbelt. Trunks got out of his seat first, and made sure everyone got out safely.

"Grab Pan first." Trunks helped Pan down, leaving Mizu to be the last. He untied the seatbelts she weren't able to reach, keeping her legs to the seat with the other hand so she wouldn't take a hard fall. She held onto his shoulder, floating down until she reached the ground, following them out of the ship.

"This trip sucks."

_
_
_