Day 82

Check God's Track Record, It's Not Just You

Martha and Mary, Hannah, Joseph, David, Job, Abraham, Sarah. It's not just you.

God shows His love for us by allowing us to wait. It is important to note that the longer the wait is not an indication that His love for you is less or that you are less favored than someone else. It is an indication of an all knowing Father with plans specially designed to fit each of His children and their purpose perfectly.

In John 11:5 AMP, the passage of the resurrection of Lazarus starts off saying, "Now Jesus loved and was concerned about Martha and her sister and Lazarus [and considered them dear friends]."

Then it says, "So [even] when He heard that Lazarus was sick, He still stayed two days longer in the same place two more days." - John‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭

We would expect Jesus to move quickly, because in our limited perspective we think love moves fast. But no, the unconditional love of God moves with purpose, on purpose, for purpose.

Jesus stayed an extra, not one, but two days.

We believe that one of the reasons for His response was that the purpose of His presence in that particular situation was to resurrect Lazarus, not to heal him. They wanted healing, but God's plan was resurrection.

So, Christ's love for you isn't based on how fast He moves for you, how fast you get that breakthrough, how fast you get the job, how fast you get whatever. Quick results don't mean it was God! Quick results also don't mean it's not God. Intimacy with God is what reveals to you whether or not it is surely His hands that orchestrated what you see.