Kabanata 4

Kabanata IV
Sixth

***

CLEOBELLE / SINCLAIR

Just what did I do wrong?

I tried my best, with the only way I think I could return, but in the end, all my efforts were in vain.

I returned to the beginning instead.

So in this life I promised myself that I will find another way to return.

However for the third time at the age of 21, I died at the hands of Duke Aslan after getting tired of living, and for the second time, I allowed him to kill me.

And then I came back again at the beginning.

In my third life, there was a time I asked god and begged him to end my ridiculously long life.

“I hate it! I hate it! I f*cking hate this!” I cursed.

I looked at the bright moon and cried.

“Oh god! I beg you! Take me away! Take me away and end my sufferings!” I screamed with my empty heart filled with pain.

“I want to go back to my old life! I want to return!”

Nothing happened.

At my third life inside the novel, I already accepted my fate. I can never return to my original world.

So I decided to run away and just travel the world of Lumina, by the time I got reawakened my power.

And then I died again at the hands of Duke Aslan at the age of 21 due to being found out being the bloodline of witches, alive.

In my fourth life inside the book, wherein I again returned to the beginning, I decided to just destroy the world.

And then I let Duke Aslan kill me again like it’s a habit already.

In my fifth life as Sinclair I ran away and healed a lot of people. I became a saintess, just for a change.

But then, again, I was found out, having the blood of a witch.

I was sitting on the throne, with a tired expression on my face, stepping on the filthy Emperor’s head with my feet while waiting for Duke Aslan to bestow me with my fate.

“Okay, kill me now, and make it quick,” I yawned.

I’m tired. I’m so tired. I couldn’t even remember my life before that much.

Who am I?

I already lost my identity.

I’m completely exhausted.

Maybe I really died in my first life and this is actually, hell, tormenting me, eternally.

But deep inside I’m hoping that will be the end.

Who am I fooling anyways?

And now I’m in my sixth life and I’m tired of all of all of this sh*t.

But there is something different this time. I came back earlier than usual.

“I despise your very existence,” was what my birth mother said, looking straight in my eyes. With her clear crystal blue eyes, blank, cold and dead.

This is the first time I’ve seen Vespera alive, and the first thing I heard her say is she despises me.

“You’ll be tormented your whole life as much as I did. Blame your luck being born as a witch out of all races,” she chuckled coldly.