Kabanata 9

Kabanata IX

Order

***

CLEOBELLE / SINCLAIR

"What's your plan now?" the ice spirit queen, Elsa, asked.

I just frowned. "I don't know. I don't want to think about it, I don't want to do anything about it," I hissed in irritation.

It's been what? A week?

Hindi na ako bumalik pa ng Glacialis matapos ang tagpong iyon kahit pa init na init na ako dito sa Pyropolis. 

Ayoko munang makadaupang palad si Aslan.

"Vespera might be evil but a witch will not easily curse anyone just for silly games. Aslan must've done something that would anger that witch, so much that she decided to bestow that kind of heavy curse on him," Elsa commented, making me nod my head.

"Curses are like a forceful blood agreement for witches. Which is why a lot of them don't give curses unless they really need to.," I stated.

The same reason all witches in the past gradually became weak as time went by.

"I still find it odd that neither of your life force nor your aether was affected by the curses you inflicted. You're giving out curses like a sweet little present without any remorse; truly terrifying," the ice spirit queen, Elsa, frowned.

I just shrugged.

"Aslan was cursed when he was still an infant. It' most likely that he was cursed on behalf of his parents. I wonder what they did to Vespera that she decided to risk half of her life force with that kind of heavy curse?" I stated, taking us back to our original topic.

I need to have my spirit summons to look into that matter.

"Wala ka ba talagang nalalaman sa buhay ni Vespera?" kunot noong tanong ko kay Elsa na ikinailing lamang ng huli.

"I was asleep the whole time in the spirit world, waiting for you to summon me," she sighed.

Sa bagay ay ngayon lang kami nag-imbestiga patungkol kay Vespera at Aslan kaya wala pa kaming gaanong impormasyon.

May kutob ako na maaaring isa sa mga kasagutan para makabalik ako ay ang sumpa ni Aslan at ang misteryo ni Vespera.

Muling tumingin sa gawi ko si Elsa na tila ba ay pilit na nag-iisip.

"Vespera is very cautious. Just like you, she erases any form of evidence that she existed anywhere she goes. That includes killing the witnesses."

Wala din gaanong naitalang impormasyon patungkol sa kanya sa libro.

What can I do? We're just a bunch of unimportant characters, written to make the book more complicated.

Kahit nga ako at si Aslan ay hindi gaanong ipinakita sa libro at sa mga importanteng kaganapan lamang naitatala.

Why can't the author just stick to a few important roles? There are just too many unnecessary characters.

Speaking of unnecessary extras.

"P*tangina! Bakit pa bumalik ang pesteng Aslan na iyon!" giit ni Baron Emberwood. "This empire will be cursed because of that man!"

The great war ended but the empire did not even celebrate the empire's victory. 

Maybe because the man that they threw out, expecting him to die, came back very alive; victorious.

Nagsisigaw lang si Baron at inihagis lahat ng gamit maging ang mga pagkain.