Kabanta 10

Kabanata X
Celebration

***

CLEOBELLE / SINCLAIR

"Why are you so restless?" nakahalukipkip na komento ko kay Catherine habang naka sandal sa hamba ng pintuan.

"It's the Crown Prince's birthday! Of course I'd be restless! It's the most anticipated ball!" she stated.

Nailing na lang ako. "Fine, I'll help you."

Bago pa siya makapag salita ay itinutok ko ang daliri sa kanya kasabay ng pag palibot ng mahika ko sa kanya.

Wow, I'm like a fairy godmother. Although the truth is I'm the evil witch.

"Wow. . . It's beautiful," she stated, enticed by her transformation.

"It's still your beauty, I just helped you prepare faster," I hissed.

Nakangiting yumakap siya sa akin.

"Thank you Sinclair! I love it!" nagniningning ang mga matang sambit niya.

Lumayo ako dito at inirapan siya. "Bakit ba feeling close ka?" reklamo kong nagpatawa dito.

"Come on, Sinclair. Aren't I your favorite sister?" she grinned, teasing me.

"You've become more arrogant," I hissed.

Catherine really changed from what she originally was. Strangely, in this timeline, I was able to change her from her original nature.

"I have no choice. Between you and those two imbeciles, Lorcan and Solana, you're the only less stupid," I added.

Napasimangot si Catherine doon.

"Nevermind," she frowned.

"By the way, I found a great dress for you!" Catherine excitedly stated as she took out another box.

"I want to have a ball gown tailored for you but you insisted that it should be simple. Good thing I found something nice!" she added.

"Why would you give the bastard child of Emberwood a grand ball gown anyway? Where's your common sense?" I rolled my eyes at her.

Sinimangutan lang ako nito.

Just like I did to Catherine, I used my aether to dress up faster.

The dress that she bought is a simple dress with an elegant allure.

It is made of chiffon with a cowl neckline and a split sleeve. Additionally, I paired it with a black corset.

The dress has a flowy skirt reaching down to my ankles, the fabrics were like petals because of the multiple layers that created a gradient illusion in shades of white, navy blue and black.

Moreover, aside from an ankle bracelet, I didn't wear any other jewelry.

Hinayaan ko lang na nakalugay ang buhok ko at hindi na ako naglagay ng kung ano-ano pa sa mukha ko.

The noble ladies have been preparing for this event for months. They want to be grand and excessive to impress their kind.

Kaya nga ay kahit si Catherine ay matagal ng pinaghahandaan ito. She's become Pyropolis noble society's flower, so she has to dress to impress.

"Tara na!" hagikhik niyang inaya na ako palabas.

Paglabas namin ay sumunod lamang ako sa likuran niya. Umakto bilang kanyang tagasunod.

Nakita kong napatulala pa sa akin ang tatlo. Sina Baron, Lorcan at Solana na mukhang mga garapatang binihisan.

"Vespera?" the Baroness called my mother's name, making me pause.