Chapter: 15

Bella and I were sitting Indian-style facing each other with our knees touching on the huge, plush king-sized bed with both of our room service plates in our laps. We ordered breakfast. I don't know why. It was almost midnight, yet we were eating eggs, bacon, toast, sausage, waffles, French toast and hash browns.

It was so good.

The only piece of clothing she was wearing was my stiff white button down shirt from my tuxedo with only a few small black buttons buttoned along the bottom, revealing the tops of her pert breasts. The shirt was huge on her and hung down to her thighs. And her hair was loose and in a chaotic mess of large curls, but she was so beautiful. While all I had on were my boxers.

"I'm actually looking forward to school starting," she said, reaching over to cut my waffle in half and put the other half on her plate.

"Ready for summer to be over so soon?" I asked, taking her hash browns from her plate and putting them in mine because I knew she wouldn't eat them.

"No, not at all. I'm really not looking forward to wearing 'teacher clothes' all the time again..." I chuckled at that, "...but I just have all these plans and stuff I wanna do. I guess I'm just...I don't know...excited." She smiled and shrugged as she grabbed the ketchup from the room service table and poured some on top of my hash browns on my plate. She knew just how I liked them.

I grabbed the salt and pepper and shook them on top of her eggs benedict then did the same to my scrambled eggs. She whispered a 'thank you' before taking her first bite. "What sort of plans?" I asked her.

She chewed and swallowed before replying. "Well, I've been thinking about doing a play this year."

"A play?"

"Yeah. We could have tryouts and casting, and each student would get a grade for their performance and help with the show whether it be a speaking part or just costumes or scenery or something."

I nodded, chewing my eggs and swallowing. "What play were you thinking about?"

She smiled. "Romeo and Juliet."

I laughed. "Okay."

"Whot?" she asked her mouth sounding gargled with half of it full of French toast. "Is there something wrong with Romeo and Juliet?"

"No," I replied, shaking my head and smiling. "I just think it's funny."

"What's funny about it? I'm teaching Shakespeare this quarter."

"Nothing, sweetheart. It would just be a lot of work. There are a lot of students that would have to be in it. It'd take a lot of work." Truthfully, I had no idea how many students were in our classes or even went to the school. I just assumed it was quite a lot judging from the massive sized classrooms and number of desks and chairs in each.

But she nodded and kept eating, looking down at her plate. "That's true. I was thinking about asking Angela for help."

I had no idea who Angela was.

"That'd probably be best."

She kept watching her food and pushing her sausage links back and forth around her plate with her fork. I wondered what she was thinking. The expression on her face was somewhat thoughtful and far away, deep in her own mind. I didn't understand her change in mood and wondered why I suddenly got the feeling she wanted to say something else.

"Can I ask you something?" she spoke, her eyes still looking at her plate.

"Anything, baby." I should have been more specific. There were some questions I, definitely, wouldn't answer.