18. Conflicts

Tae came out of his room late evening. The apartment had gone quiet a while ago. Jimin had poked his head in the afternoon asking him to come out for some lunch but Tae had refused. He didn't feel like interacting with anyone at the moment.

He felt so conflicted about everything. His mind and heart pulling him in opposite directions. It was exhausting.

He sauntered into the kitchen and looked around at the mess the boys had left behind. It irritated the fuck out of him. This was exactly why he never entertained friends at home.

He picked up the empty pizza boxes and disposable cups, stuffing them into an empty garbage bag. He carried the dirty dishes to the sink, rinsed them and put them on the side when Jungkook's door opened and he came out rubbing his eyes.

He was wearing sweats and fluffy slippers. His chest was bare, his strong muscles and sculpted abs rippling as he moved into the living room. His long hair was stuck up in odd angles, he yawned, his nose scrunching up cutely as he looked completely disoriented.

That face simply did not belong on that body, Tae thought with a shake of his head.

Jungkook looked at Tae and then the garbage bags and the dishes he was loading into the dishwasher. His eyes widened in realisation. He hurried over.

"I-I am sorry. I should have.... I was too tired coz I didn't sleep a wink last night, I was so worried and then Yoongi hyung pushed me to take a nap." He rambled.

Tae ignored him as he continued to clear the kitchen and living room in silence. Jungkook quickly rinsed the used glasses and spoons, moving on to pick up the garbage bags.

"Uhm.... Where do I put these?" Jungkook asked hesitantly.

"There's a garbage can off the pantry put it in there the cleaners will take it away tomorrow." Tae answered as he finished loading the dishwasher and turned it on.

He sat down at the island snacking on some crackers as Jungkook came back.

"You skipped lunch." Jungkook said awkwardly.

Tae shrugged. He surfed through his phone ignoring the half dressed man in front of him.

"Do you want me to make something for you?" Jungkook asked hesitantly.

Taehyung sighed and set his cracker down on the plate before pinning Jungkook with a glare. "Look. I have managed fairly well on my own almost all of my life, I don't need you or anyone else to worry about me. If I'm hungry I can order in or ask my chef to come cook for me."

Jungkook was taken aback "I was only being..."

Taehyung cut him off.

"You are here because the court ordered it and nothing more. We don't have to talk unless absolutely necessary. I want nothing to do with you. So if you just keep your mouth shut and stay out of my way we will get through this just fine." He slapped his hand on the surface to make a point and rose to leave the room.

As he walked across the living room, a large contraption installed on one of the walls, stopped him dead in his tracks.

"What the hell is that?" Taehyung asked.

"That's a home gym. I wanted to put it my room but Yoongi hyung wouldn't let me. He said I would end up working out in my sleep." Jungkook laughed awkwardly "You're free to use it too."