𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

Y/n's pov
The man's gaze studied me viciously, making me nervous.
I froze before I could descend the fourth of the fifteen steps that would take me into the campus hallway.

He was looking at me and something strange was happening around me: every sound, movement, even the air, everything had ceased to exist the moment his dark eyes had met mine.

My mind replayed for a few moments the panic attack I had the day before, but not the negative feelings.
The most hidden part of my mind only remembered his hand clasped in mine, evading how violent that man was.

For the sake of my sanity, I was not allowed to forget it.
Jeon Jungkook was the last person in the world I could trust or in whom I could find relief from the darkness that had always gripped my chest.

"Y/n, why did you suddenly stop?"

Right! Taehyung was behind me and it was he who brought me back to reality, where Jungkook could not be idealised by my corrupted mind from a brief and useless exchange of human warmth, at a time when my mental state was worse than usual.

I couldn't let Taehyung see Jungkook, acquainted with his brusque ways or I think a ruckus would happen in the hallway of my college.

"I'm so sorry, I forgot something in the classroom but I can't quite remember where I put it, I should look for it and it would take time. You go home, don't worry about me."

He was sorry and tried to retort but I finally convinced him to leave.
So I hid behind the wall of that corridor until he was gone and then I emerged, finding Jungkook still in the hall, this time with his back against the same entrance door.

As soon as he saw me reappear in his field of vision he rolled his eyes to the sky and, despite being some distance away, I could swear I heard him sighing in annoyance.

At this point I just had to get down those damn stairs and...
I had no intention of talking to him, of listening to him, of looking at him.
I didn't want his air to be the same as the air I was breathing.

But I had no choice.

I had to accept the fact that his body would be close to mine again; that his eyes would look at me and probably judge me; that his dark aura would mingle with mine, weak in comparison to the anger that contained his.

One by one, this time I went down all the steps and those damned eyes were glued to every inch of my being, while inside them there seemed to be an emptiness concealing judgement.

I walked briskly towards the exit until I reached the man everyone around was looking at.

We were now within a metre of each other and my legs had simply stopped.
The brain that commanded them, at the precise instant Jungkook's gaze met mine, no longer gave input for any movement.

I swallowed and lowered my gaze, trying to convince my soul not to be afraid of his.
I just had to ignore him and move on.

And so I did.
Like a child taking his first steps, there I was in that hallway, trying with all my might not to give in to the force of Jungkook's gaze dragging me down.

I seemed to have made it, until those legs stopped again, this time not because of my brain.

On my chest, at the level of my heart, rested in a not very graceful manner, a hand covered in tattoos.