Chapter 7: Enemies

Start from the beginning

Knowing where to go, she very quietly unhooked the grate on the opening to a room and snuck out, grinning when she saw the active groundbridge in front of her, open for use. A few vehicons were working but they all had their backs turned and were facing the computers.

This was all just like a game to her. Be as quiet as you can to go out and finally see action again. 

She pressed herself against the wall and inched along it, never taking her optics off the workers until she was right by the portal, taking a deep breath before spinning around and jumping through it.

Enigma landed on hard ground, dust kicking up under her pedes as she looked around. The hot sun glared down on the chasm, right at the edge of the desert as the opposite cliff started to become pine forest. She grinned and ran over to the edge of the ridge she was on, crawling over to the rim and looking down into the narrow pass that divided the two cliffs.

A groundbridge opened up and two familiar mechs that her brother had shown her jumped out, both grinned and running for the entrance. Enigma looked up and over the rock she ducked behind, crawling up onto it slightly as it was just a bit bigger than her. She watched how the Autobots ran straight into the mine, even laughing with their guns out and ready.

'We shouldn't be here Roddy!'

Enigma jumped and flattered herself against the rock, the voice coming from right in front of it. She slowly crawled over and looked down to the next step down the mountain. She covered her mouth to stop a small squeak from escaping.

Three sparklings, two looking a year or two older than her while the third was the oldest, probably just entering his teenage years.

'Oh don't worry Bee,' The red and orange one grinned, looking to the oldest, a yellow bot with black stripes and door wings, 'We're just here to watch the fighting, not getting involved. I want to see if Blaster fights as well as he claims to.'

'That's not the point!' Bee hissed, 'You know Ratchet will mount our helms onto the wall if he finds we snuck out again.'

'Bumblebee's right, Hot Rod,' The last one said, a white and red mechling that looked the same age but was a lot taller than the one called Hot Rod, 'You know how that mech gets when we disobey Optimus.'

Enigma felt her optics widen when she spotted the wings on his back. She thought that only the Decepticons had fliers. And yet here this one was.

'Just a few more minutes Jet!' Hot Rod begged, not even looking at him as he peeked over the rock at the entrance of the cave, 'I know he's gonna come back out any second now!'

I thought sparked in Enigma's processor. If she was somehow able to bring one of them back to the Nemesis, maybe he could help her brother find the Autobot base. She looked down and studied them.

Definitely not Bumblebee. He looked like he could easily take her down. And that left the two youngsters. Hot Rod seemed most suitable for her to fight but then again, he seemed stubborn and likely wouldn't give any information. "Jet" as he'd been called, was a helm bigger than her but he could be more compliant.

She narrowed her optics, trying to decide while quietly bringing her cloth visor down over her face, looking through the holes down at them.

The young femme crept up into a crouch right over them, getting ready to pounce. A small stone was jostled as she did, sending it down and clattering softly by them.

Jet and Hot Rod were still arguing so neither noticed. However, Bumblebee turned and looked down at it. He was still for a second before his helm slowly turned up, eye contact with her. Both held each other's gaze for a second before he yelped and jumped back, making the other two spin around.