“I concur” Nandi replied. “Our next exam is not until Monday, so I'm definitely down!”

“As much as I'd like to go out with y'all, imma have to pass because it’s unfair on Zac” Fatima said. “I mean… he has been watching Zoë since the morning, I can't expect him to continue his daddy day care shift into the night - that would just be inconsiderate of me.”

“Shit, I tend to forget that you're a whole ass muva” Lulu said in a jokey tone. “But you're right bookie, your job as a mother to Zoë, and as a partner to Zachary comes first! Don't worry, Nandi and I will make sure to drink on your behalf.”

“Shit! Speaking of Zac and Zoë… I need to hurry back to the office” Fatima said after checking the time. “I totally forgot that I need to watch Zoë while Zac goes into a meeting that starts at 4 pm. I love y'all, please be safe tonight” she hugged them before getting into her car (aunt Viv felt bad about everything that happened, so out of guilt/ shame, she decided to lend Fatima a car for the duration of their stay).

_

_

| Taylored Shipments : CPT Office |

“You're late!” Zac said as soon Fatima came rushing into his office.

“I know Zac, and I'm sorry. I kind of lost track of time and there was also some traff—

“Save it Fatima!” Zac cut her off. “I don't have time for this. I have a meeting to get to, and thanks to you I'm already 15 minutes late” he said while grabbing his meeting notes from the table.

“Uhm, excuse you?!” Fatima asked, taken aback by his rudeness. “Who the fuck do you think you're talking to Zachary?!”

“Watch your mouth Fatima!” Zac reprimanded her with some base in his voice. “You know how I feel about that cussing in front of my daughter mess.”

“First of all, you can calm your lil dramatic ass down. Ain't nobody cussing in front of Zoë, she is clearly sleeping!” Fatima pointed to her asleep on Zac's office couch. “And secondly, watch how you talk to me Zachary! I promise you that I'm not the one! I literally came rushing in here, trying to apologize for arriving late, and here you are biting my head off for something that was an honest mistake!”

“An honest mistake?!” Zac remarked. “Fatima, your actions made me miss out on 15 minutes of a very important meeting!”

“And yet here you are unnecessarily prolonging the time by standing here and arguing with me over this dumb shit” Fatima rolled her eyes. “Look, just go to your stupid meeting! I got my daughter.”

“You better not go anywhere until I get back” Zac said before leaving.

“Ugh, I can't stand your dumbass daddy” Fatima mumbled to Zoë as if she could hear her, but Zoë was knocked out on the couch.

Hardly 5 minutes went by before Zac came walking back into the office. Fatima was sitting on the chair in front of his desk, going through her study notes.

“That was quick” Fatima said, looking up from her textbook.

“He's gone” Zac said defeatedly as he unfastened his tie and took a seat on the chair behind his desk. “FUCK! My father is gonna kill me man” he sighed before running his hand across his face.

He then reached into his drawer and pulled out a glass and an unopened bottle of Hennessy. Fatima instantly thought back to the conversation that she had with Zac's mom back at the airport. She basically promised Ms Gina that she would try her utmost best to help Zac stick to his sobriety, and should she fail to do that, then she'd have no other choice but to escalate the matter to Ms Gina.