☆ 2

chan had a slight jump in his step as he made his way to the school's dance studio. it had been a while since the last practice, given that their instructor was having family problems, so the club had been closed for the week. not that chan really minded, he and vernon had keys to the studio, so he was able to visit whenever. one of the benefits of being the only two seniors in the team, chan would assume. 

it felt weird. he was so used to being the youngest one wherever he went. even his own younger brother treated him as the younger one, much to chan's dismay. due to his early birthday, he was able to enroll in university a year early. this, of course, led to the special treatment which chan didn't mind sometimes. there was something nice about being doted after. 

now that chan and vernon were the oldest members, he felt a bit of pressure to be a good role model to his juniors. he always made sure to ask if anyone needed help, and was always really helpful when one of the girls needed help. he was a gentleman, of course. it did feel weird being called oppa, though. it felt even weirder to be called hyung.

it was times like these that chan wished that seungkwan was still in the dance club. though, he did understand why he only did the one year to join their friends soonyoung and seokmin. soonyoung told their friends that his graduation wish was to have the three of them together as much as possible, which led to seungkwan begrudgingly joining the dance team. it was fun. at first. as expected of soonyoung and seungkwan, things got messy really fast.

chan smiled at the memories of soonyoung's last year at the university. having the three of them in the dance club was always entertaining. chan just wished seungkwan was still in the club with them. he was very talkative and knew how to keep the mood up. chan was friendly but a little shy, and vernon was helpful but also a little dry, which makes him seem standoffish to outsiders. their friends knew better, they knew vernon was a kindhearted person and a great friend. even if he was always spewing nonsense in their group chat. chan just thinks he does it to get a reaction out of their friends.

chan snapped out of his thoughts as he finally reached the door to the dance studio. he excitedly opened it, wincing at the loud noise the hinges made. still not fixed. chan shook his head, plastering a wide grin as he walked inside, being greeted by the familiar faces of his club members. he said hello to everyone as he walked to the wall to place his belongings down. chan turned around, looking for vernon and chuckling as he saw the boy talking animatedly to one of the juniors. he jogged over to vernon, clapping a hand on the older boy's shoulder to announce his presence.

vernon turned to chan, giving him a nod with a friendly smile. chan knelt down as he began to do his stretches. he decided to ask, "hey, have you guys seen–"

jisung, the junior that vernon was speaking to, shook his head. he knelt down and started to do his own stretches as he said, "no, hyung isn't here yet." the younger boy said, assuming that chan was referring to their dance instructor. 

chan frowned softly, shaking his head as he continued his actions. the two boys shared confused looks as vernon stepped between them, reaching for the water dispenser next to them. the two boys sputtered in agitation as vernon took a sip of water. vernon looked down after a few moments, staring at the two younger boys for a bit before he said, "i heard we're getting a replacement for the time being." shrugging as he finished the rest of his water. he reached over to fill his bottle again, the two boys complaining as he stepped over them again. 

vernon and jisung turned around as they heard the door to the studio creak open, chan continuing to focus on his stretches. he heard his club mates murmur in question at the newcomer. he heard vernon laugh loudly, walking over to the door to greet the stranger. jisung stood as well, leaving chan alone as he politely introduced himself to the newcomer.