Chapter 15

Alexius squeezed her eyes shut and tried to brace herself for impact of the ground, then she felt that she had stopped falling, but it didn't hurt all that much? All she had felt was her foot be sliced opened as she slipped "Ack, got you," She hear Cyrus grunt. She opened them to find that Cyrus had caught her. "Oh thank goodness! I thought that the devils had me for sure!" Alexius cried. "I'm so sorry Alexius, I should of told you not to run before hand," Seihera apologized. Alexius winced in pain, and Cyrus went to go put her down. "No, don't let go," She asked. "Alexius, your foot is bleeding, let me take you back to the palace," Hakkan said. He went to go grab her out of Cyrus's arms but he turned away before he could. "No, I can carry her," Cyrus snapped. Hakkan rolled his eyes at him, "Whatever!"

"Alexius you need to be more careful, you have enough cuts and scars as it is. What would Crthya think about their future queen having so much scars and cuts!" Jaron lectured. Alexius rolled her eyes at him, which Jaron noticed that she did and that infuriated him more. "Whatever! Here's a letter from you mother by the way," Jaron set the letter on her desk and left her room which was the followed by Cyrus walking in, again. "Are you feeling anybetter?" Cyrus asked. "Yeah, the nurse said that it wasn't to bad and it should be healed by the end of this week if treated properly," Alexius said as she walked over to her desk to grab the letter from her mother. She walked back to her bed and sat down after she grabbed the letter. Alexius patted the her bed to the side of her for Cyrus to join her. He came and sat down close beside her. "What do you have there?" Cyrus asked, pointing at the letter. "Oh this, a letter from my mother," Alexius said as she started to open it up for it to read:

My dear sweet Alexius......

How is it there? I'm sure it is quite hot. I hope you're having a great time there! I can't say the same here for me back in Carthya. Hopfully you and your father are getting along, I know you two haven't exactly been on the best terms since you returned. Aria's parents came yesterday wishing to talk to you, they had some of Aria's stuff they found that they wanted to give it to you. I put it on your desk so once you return home it will be there. Not much is going on her in Carthya. Hopfully your meeting are more fun the mine! Always remember that I love you and miss you! I'll be here waiting for you to return home. Don't be to hard on your father, make sure he stays out of trouble too. 

Love you always, Mom <3

Alexius sighed, she didn't realize how much she missed her mother until now. Cyrus had a warm smile on his face, but a sad look in his eyes. Cyrus had lost his mother, had a horrible father, and was betrayed by his sister. Cyrus had no family anymore, he never really had a real one in the first place. Jaron hadn't decided yet if he wanted to execute viper or not and Ivy was sentenced to most her life in the dungeon. Alexius really wanted to give her a second chance, but she didn't quite trust her yet. Everytime she went to the dungeon to talk to her, Ivy refused to speak or even look In her direction.

"Cyrus, you do know I care for you and I'm glad to have you as a friend," Alexius said. Cyrus seemed to snap back into reality, he was probably lost in deep thought. "Yeah, of course," Cyrus said, but he still had a look of hurt in his eyes and she was quite sure why?