Home

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat beside Shard just enjoying his company ignoring the sounds of the ninja training. Shard placed his cool head on top of mine, causing me instinctually let out a dragon like purr. Shard looked down at me before speaking,

"I guess no matter what some of the traits of a dragon are always within a shifter" Shard growled softly, while also wrapping his tail further around me.

"You don't have to tell me twice, just the other day Zane was able trigger it as well" I sighed, looking up at the ice dragon.

We fell into a peaceful silence only stirring once we heard the sounds of the ninja training abruptly stop, not only a minute later a gong sounded. There must be mail. Soon Cole ran down into the dragon chambers and beelined for rocky.

Rocky sniffed the air and immediately got excited causing his tail to wag.

"Liver and toads Rocky! Your favorite!" Cole said tossing Rocky a toad.

"Yes! This is why you're my favorite human!" Rocky rumbled in dragon tongue before catching the toad.

"woooowww" I growled quietly yet sarcastically not wanting Cole to hear, I'm surprised Kai hasn't told anyone by now, knowing him though, he probably forgot.

"Sorry" Rocky growled to me quietly while smiling, knowing I was joking.

"Oh, hey (y/n)!" Cole said waving.

"Hi!" I replied sending a small wave back, I was kind of immobile since Shard here doesn't seem to want to move.

For a moment Cole gained a dazed look before snapping back red briefly invading his eyes.

"Uhm Cole?" I questioned.

"Huh uh wha- y-yeah?" Cole snapped out of his daze.

"Are you sure you weren't hypnotized?" I asked looking into his eyes there was something wrong with his soul I could tell, it almost felt like a wall or a second soul, maybe even both.

"No, I don't think so" Cole replied frowning to himself.

I was about to say something else, but Nya came down and called us in for dinner. I was about to get up, but Shard wrapped himself tighter around me.

"Shaaarrd I gotta go! Zane's cooking" I complained, earning an amused chuckle from Cole as he walked over.

"But you're so warm" Shard growled in reply, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Here let me help" Cole said grabbing my hand and attempting to pull me out, only to be stopped by Shard tightening is gentle grip and pushing Cole away with his wing.

"I think it's best you go on a head and tell them I maybe a tad late" I giggled.

"Alright but if your too late I might have to eat your (f/f)" Cole replied amused and walked out.

"Shaarrrd, please! I have to go! He's not joking!" I yelped, hearing a distant chuckle from Cole outside the dragon chambers.

"No, I am sorry, but you know I don't feel anything this warm often" Shard rumbled in response.

"Flames warm!" I complained in dragon tongue, gaining a quiet chuckle from the ice elemental dragon.

"True but you're warm to perfection not too warm where it becomes uncomfortable" Shard growled gently in reply.

"Fine I'll stay for 5 more minutes, but that's it!" I sighed in defeat.

"Alright" Shard purred cuddling into me more.