Mending Pieces

hey everyone! hope you enjoy this! -kat

"This is where the fun begins" -Nai

Newt looked down at Thomas, as he was pulled
out of the box. It was really happening all over again.

For the past 30 minutes, Newt had been standing around observing what was going on. After about 10 minutes of standing around he had gotten the pieces together.

They had really traveled through time and brought him back to life. It baffled even him to think about.

During that time he had looked over to see Minho on the ground, probably from shock, figuring out himself what was going on. He had stood there observing him as Minho had slowly gotten up and spun around. It was obvious that he remembered too.

Thomas snapped Newt out of his train of thought. "Newt?"

Alby shot a cold, surprised look to Newt then back at Thomas. "How do you know Newt?" Thomas awkwardly stared with wide eyes.

Alby continued. "You remember something, shank?"

Minho looked quickly between his friends. "I was talking to Newt, he must've overheard me say his name." Newt looked over to Minho with a surprised smile on his face. Thomas also gave a surprised look to Minho.
"Alright- whatever, shank." Alby led Thomas away to give him the Greenie-talk.

Minho gave a slight knowing smirk to Newt, to which Newt continued to smile back at.

Minho dragged Newt over to the edge of the deadheads, finally letting all of his feelings lose. He looked Newt up and down, then embraced him into a hug.

Newt stumbled back a bit at the bear hug Minho was giving him, but then hugged him back.

"I missed you, shank."

Newt breathily laughed. "I missed you too."

Minho was at a loss for words. "What- How- I- I don't even know where to begin."

Newt smiled. "It's okay, mate." As he patted Minho's shoulder.

"Are you okay? How- How is this happening? Did Thomas and I die and we're just reliving our past together? What's going on?!" Minho was exasperated.

Newt smiled once again. "I'm fine, Minho. And no, I think you two are very much alive. Can't say what exactly is happening, but I think we should have Tommy here before we figure things out."

Minho nodded as he looked to the ground. "Good that."

Minho and Newt turned their heads over to where Thomas and Alby stood, Alby still doing his run of the mill explanation for Greenies.

* * *

As Alby gestured for Thomas to follow him, he said, "I'll be takin' you on the Tour tomorrow. Hope you can manage till then. Don't worry, we don't kill shanks like you here."

Thomas nodded, vaguely remembering that Alby's words had been different last time. Probably because he wasn't asking as many questions.

Alby stopped walking, and looked at him, "Ya scared, Greenie?"

"I...I don't understand what's going on," Thomas admitted.

Alby sighed, "It's a long story, shank. You'll learn eventually. If you ain't scared, you ain't human. Act any different and I'd throw you off the Cliff because it'd mean you're a psycho."

Thomas wasn't scared for the reasons Alby thought he was, of course, but that didn't mean he was exactly calm.

When he didn't say anything, Alby sighed and said, "This is the Glade. We eat here, we sleep here; this our home. We call ourselves the Gladers. That's all you need to know for now."