Travesty (1)

Rain poured, the cold breeze swaying the blue quills of Sonic the Hedgehog. Out of the usual, he went for a walk. He walked past buildings, looking around as if he had somewhere to be. He scratched his arm, looking intensely at his reflection on a display window. "Strange to see you walk in the rain." A baritone voice spoke behind him. Cars drove by, and the cloudy sky set an uneasy feeling. Sonic turned to the voice, appearing nonchalant. "Sonic?" The ember eyed said as his red eyes gleamed from the post light above. "Shadow." Sonic exhaled as a sly smirk appeared on his muzzle. Shadow began walking away backwards, then quickly launching at Sonic, putting Sonic in a head lock and Chaos Controlling away.

"Who are you!?" Shadow choked and yelled at the blue hedgehog overflowed in euphoria, laughing and giggling in the basement. "I am, Sonic the Hedgehog! Aren't I?" Shadow eyed the giggling hedgehog as he noticed a change in his eyes. How did I not notice this before? Shadow thought to himself, as he slowly lowered his arm and continued choking Sonic. Sonic looked up at him, red eyes blinking flirtatiously. "Who did this!?" Shadow yelled in concern, watching Sonics veins visibly tighten, his fingers clenching as he winced and rolled his head back. "Mmm..I—" Sonic groaned as he took a deep breath, his veins no longer visible, his hands twitched as if electricity had just passed through him.

"Where is your fox friend? I—I need to talk to him. You..you aren't yourself.." Shadows shallow breath echoed from the empty basement. He stared at his camera above, then gazing at Sonic weakly giggling as he stared at the floor. "I know something is not right." Shadow walked up the stairs, aware of his agile senses. He opened and locked the door behind him. Shadow Chaos Controlled to Tails workshop, hoping to find him there.

"Shadow?" Tails asked as he took off his welding helmet off, turning around in his chair. "What brings you here? This late?" Tails said as he checked the time on his watch which read 7:26 PM. "Tell me exactly everything Sonic did today, everything." Tails rose a brow in sheer concern. "W-what? W-why? Is he okay!?" Tails jumped out of his seat, stepping forward towards Shadow. "I'm not sure, which is why I need you to explain everything to me. He's in my basement, he's acting unusual." Tails eyes widened in fear for his older brother. "B-but w-what happened..?" Tails ears drooped as Shadow huffed. "I need you to calm down fox!" Tails took a deep breath before swishing his tails. "Take me to him."

Shadow and Tails had arrived, they stood in front of the basement door about to open it. Until Shadow stepped back from the doorknob. His sharp senses, his gut, telling him to check the cameras first. "Fox, come with me to check the cameras. I feel like I need to." Tails followed him into a room with a desk, a computer standing on top of it. Shadow turned on the cameras, rewinding the footage to a few minutes ago.

The video played, "I know something is not right." The two watched the past events as they heard the basement door in the screen shut. Sonic became aloof, no giggle, not a single breath can be heard. Then all of a sudden he tumbled down on all fours quietly sobbing. His hands trembled once again, he reached for his quills wanting to yank them out. His sobs turned to laughs and through the camera he saw Sonics eyes darken, his veins reacting the same way as before. "Shadow—help..Shadow." Sonic begged and pleaded through the footage, he sounded so distant from when he was from.

The video had then played to the present he watched Sonic stand up, eyeing the room taking slow steep steps towards the stairs, slouching and tilting side to side. "W-what is happening to him?" Tails whispered as the yearning sight of a dearly beloved boy whom he loved, had been engraved inside of his mind, to forever taunt him. "Shadow I can try to reason with him! L-let me try! It kills me seeing him like this.." Tails ran back in fear, flying out of the room as Shadow ran after him. "No!" Shadow yelled as Tails unlocked the door with the key he had seen fall off of Shadows quills. In the blink of an eye Sonic launched at his little brother, scratching, bruising and and stabbing the other's arms with a pencil he had found on the side of the stair. Tails cried from the pain, the hurt his own brother caused him. Knowing now he could not help him with the cure of his love.

Shadow had ran to Sonic, grabbing him by the quills, quickly throwing him down the basement stairs. Shadow locked the door again putting the key inside his glove as he eyed down the wincing fox. "Stand up." Shadow coldly said. The fox stood up weakly leaning on the wall. "Don't ever do that again. Sometimes reasoning with someone won't give them the reason to stop. Now..go sit at the dining table, I'll take care of your wounds while you tell me everything I need to know, like I've already asked before." Shadow demanded.

The two were at the kitchen, Shadow with the emergency kit and Tails wincing from the pain. "Since Sonic and I live together, it was the same usual morning, we made breakfast, we ate, and we watched some television together. It was all something casual. Then around 3:00 he said he was gonna go for a run and maybe stop by at Amys. When It was like 3 hours since he'd gone out, I was getting concerned but then figured he was with Amy." Tails said, scared and traumatized. Did he attack her too? Tails thought to himself as he gulped in fear and betrayal. "We need to pay Amy a visit." Shadow said lowly and angrily.

After caring for the child's wounds, the two chaos controlled to Amy's cottage. "Amy!" Shadow yelled. Amy jumped aback, completely startled, she dropped a dish she was washing on the sink. "Shadow? Tails? What brings you here this late? Is everything okay?" She scurried away from the sink towards them with confusion in her eyes. Her eyes widened when they landed on the yellow one's arm. "Tails! Are you okay!?" Amy said with worry, quickly grabbing Tails arm to closely see the harm that had been done. "Yeah..I'm oka—-" Tails stopped speaking for he had been interrupted by Shadow. "When was the last time you saw Sonic?" Shadow asked. She glanced at the upper right as if she was thinking. "Around 4:00 or 5:00. Why? Is he okay?" Amy looked at the two, concerned for Sonics well being.

"I want you to tell me where he said he would go after he left your house." Shadow demanded, intimidating dear Amy Rose. "Well we talked a bit, he was making plans for Knuckles birthday party next week, after that he just told me he needs to head back so he won't worry Tails. Seriously is he alright? You guys are so tense. What's going on?" Amy raised her voice slightly, desperate to know what's wrong. "Sonic is..just not acting himself. Thank you though..Ames." Tails smiled, clearly distraught. "O-oh..well okay..is he okay?" Her face saddened as her tone softened, seeing the ears of the yellow fox droop once again. "He will be." Shadow replied, Chaos Controlling Tails back to his workshop, which was the garage of Sonic's and Tails's house.

"Try to get some rest. I know what you saw and what he did is far from okay. And if it serves you any comfort I won't stop, won't hesitate, until Sonic is himself again. I'll come look for you in the morning, I might need your knowledge." Tails smiled and sighed. "Thank you Shadow." Tails walked into a door that connected into inside the house. "First night completely alone." Tails muttered underneath his breath.