It makes me feel so happy that she is surrounded by people who care for her. She deserves all the happiness in the world. If I can't give it to her, I'm glad someone else is.

As if she realized she's going off track, she immediately changed the topic again. “Right now I like baking. I would say it's my hobby. I'm not sure if I'm copying Julian but if I enjoy it then there's no harm in it.”

“I agree.”

I understood that she's in the mood to talk and I won't let this opportunity slide. So I asked her another question to hear her beautiful voice and get to know her better.

“So if you ever want to become something other than a mother, would it be a baker?”

I subtly slipped in her pregnancy so it becomes a normal topic between us. I want her to know it's not a big deal for me and she can be herself around me. She doesn't need to hide anything fearing I'll judge her. I will never.

“Possibly. I was thinking about this a few days ago. Having a little cafe of mine doesn't seem like a bad idea.” She said. “And I don't want my kids to think they can just sit around and let their guardian pay for them their whole life. They should know they have to earn for themselves after a certain point in life.”

Her decisions seem to be centered around her baby. I wonder if she'll ever live for herself.

“I want to teach them with examples, not just words. Which means I have to work even if sitting at home and taking care of my little babies sounds like a great plan.”

“You still have time. Maybe when you're older, you'll find something that you enjoy more than baking. You can do that then.” I said.

“You’re right. I’m probably gonna decide when my highschool is done.”

“Do you plan on going to college or will you continue your education online?” It would be amazing if we go to the same college.

“Lucius wants me to start going to the twin's school after I've recovered from the delivery.” I hope she does that. We could hangout the whole day then. “He said I should be around people my age and enjoy my teenage doing all the silly stuff highschoolers do. But… I'm not really sure what I want. Haven't had kids before so I don't know how I'll manage everything.”

I don't miss how she called her father by his name. She does that when she isn't speaking fully focused on getting one word right. Maybe it's because they didn't live together for all those years or it could be that she only calls him ‘dad’ in front of others.

“You’ll know in some time. And decide only when you're sure about it.” She nods and I speak again. “I didn't get to congratulate you… Congratulations. I wish you a healthy baby.”

“Thank you.” She said, giving me a pretty smile.

“Do you know the gender yet?”

“No, but I'm hoping to get both.”

My mouth parted at the words and I replayed them to understand what she meant. “You want any, right?”

“Oh wait, I didn't tell you. I'm having twins.”

The words hit me harder than the one time I slipped on concrete. She was already gonna be in so much pain with one but it had to be double.

I can't even handle one, how am I supposed to take care of two?

“That's amazing.” I did an awkward laugh to fill in the gap.

“Now take out the sheets and dry them on a towel then we’ll start layering the lasagna.” Michael said and she got back to work.