Chapter 12 - Butterfly fiasco

Start from the beginning

Deon walked around the garden of dead Revolutionary troops. many either had their vitality sucked dry and looked like a rotting corpse or they had nothing left of them, only the splatter of blood onto the grass was the only visible sign of them being here.

"Well if it isn't the revolutionary troops."

"Uhh..."

The remaining knight stood frozen as they watched Deon get closer.

"D-die, you dog of the Emperor!"

"Dog?"

Deon was genuinely pissed. He knew that this was his nickname but that just made him even angrier.

He was not a loyal dog, everything he's done was for survival. Nothing more, surviving is the best after all. It didn't matter if he was writhing in pain or rolling through a piece of dog shit, the most important thing was to live.

Summoning a decently sized rock with his ancient powers, Deon whacked the revolutionary knight in the head.

"You."

Whack!

"Really."

Slap!

"Think."

Whack!

"That I am merely doing this because I'm loyal?!"

Thwack!

"Everything I do is to survive. Even if it meant sucking up and licking someone's shoes I'd do it if I could live! I don't give a fuck about what happens to this damn Empire."

Whack!

"Huff..."

Deon panted in exhaustion as he dealt the last finishing blow on the knight which caused them to pass out almost immediately.

"Cough!"

Blood trickled down from both Deon's nose and lips. This time he's really overdone it.

'Even if I'm tired now it was nice taking my anger and stress out on that person.'

However, the real question now was, what does he do with the knight now? He could give it to the butterflies to eat but he also needs to get more information on the Revolutionary Army and Duke Illuster.

"Maybe I can help?"

"What can you specifically do?" Does he have some sort of lie detector skill or what.

"Well I do have this one skill called Confession of the Dead, it is a skill that'll allow you to see right through the person's motives and check their memories, this can also force them to say the truth kind of like a Vow of Death."

(A/N): I made this up LMFAO but it's also a bit inspired by the return of the frozen player only with more stuff added instead of just checking memories. I made it one of GoD's personal skills because I think it fits him a lot

"That does sound definitely useful to have. But there's definitely a downside to it right?" After all such a skill cannot have its bad sides as well.