Chapter 11 - I am home

En başından başla

"But the owner of this estate was finally coming home how could we not!"

One of the maids retorted back, she didn't seem to be afraid of yelling at Deon. That was only because Deon hardly enforced any hierarchy in his estate, naturally even as Deon he wouldn't care that much about hierarchy besides these were the people he found and saved during the eight-year war. He could possibly even consider them as family.

(A/N): This is half made up btw I just needed this for plot

"Don't tell you were going to laze around in your room, you have a beautiful face like this, show it off to the world! And there's a banquet today too!"

"Thank you Sheri but no."

Deon immediately turned down Sheri's ideas. He's not getting killed today and he refuses to encounter Duke Illuster at the party. He can just go tomorrow.

"What about these-"

"Oh my, it seems to be quite lively here despite the time."

"Remember!"

"Greetings Count Hart."

Remember quickly greeted Deon with a slight bow. Usually, this would go against etiquette but did anyone in this estate really care? No, they don't.

"Will you be visiting his majesty today?"

"No way."

Deon immediately answered Remember back however no one in the estate was surprised at their lords answer.

"I'll be heading to bed then see you."

"Have a good night Count-nim!"

"You too."

Was there ever a superior who treated their servants this warmly? Most likely not, most if not all of the servants here were refugees who had to flee from their homes and he was the one to help them back on their feet.

He saw them as an equals and understood their worries. How could they not feel friendly with him even if he was a noble? Noble or not, he was their savior and they will always be by his side.

***

"It's so nice here, no one throwing daggers at me, no one asking me to fight them, and no one making me go on crazy missions."

Deon sighed happily, this was the life he dreamed of (for all three lives he lived). It was nice to be able to sleep in comfortable pajamas and lie in a soft bed rather than the cold hard floor and having to be alert at all times due to monsters roaming the city, or having to run everywhere to prevent the Arm organization from destructing more property, and turning the terrorization into a full-scale war that could have lasted for twenty years, compared to twenty years eight years sound much better in Deon's opinion.

"God of Death?"

"My child you finally called!"

"...I'm starting to regret this."

"Urk- that hurts me..."

"Anyway, what is this jewel made of?"

Deon picked up the neckpiece he had gotten from the God of Death and spun it around his finger. The red jewel shone in the bright moonlight revealing its bright ruby color underneath the light.