Chapter 10 - Banquet after Banquet

Start from the beginning

Deon decided to ignore the pile of clothes there were huddled up in the corner of his room and headed to his bed and knocked himself out

***

"My child!"

"...You keep talking to me in my dreams but you can also just talk to me in my mind since you're a god..."

"It's more fun seeing you in person rather than watching you through a screen."

"What."

"Anyways! I have good news and bad news which one do you want to hear first?"

The God of Death quickly changed the subject with a brand new topic. It seems that he realized his mistake just now.

"Bad news then good." It's probably something about my so called loving family.

"They found a way to travel through dimensions."

"Haah... I should've expected this but they sure are persistent in finding me."

"They're not just going after my temples for answers about your souls whereabouts, they're also attacking Angelina's and the God of War's temples now."

"Them attacking you is understandable since you are the God of Death who oversees death. You would have the most information about me and my whereabouts and reincarnation and they were right."

"They may be right but they have the audacity to attack a god. I only tolerated them because of you, just know that. However the moment you died I stripped all contact with them."

"...Even Cage?"

"Yes, at least she got what she wanted, no? She wanted me to stop nagging her and I did just that."

Deon sweatdropped at the God of Death's actions. This was very different to what he was used to, he also never knew that the God of Death tolerated his 'family' because of him, he felt something warm and comforting hearing those words.

Realizing what he was thinking, Deon mentally slapped himself. No way he was actually seeing the God of Death as family?! That will never happen, not even after his death and reincarnations!

"Well, good news is even if they find you, the neckpiece I gave you hides the scent of your ancient power to all beings that can sense it. Though I said it covers the Aura of Death it also covers those as well."

"So kind like Fredo's bracelet..."

"Yep! Besides if you were a God you'd be the God of Acting since you're so good at it."

"That sounds like my worst nightmare."

"Ah, well I gotta get going now. Expect changes to happen even if they all seem to go according to the guidebook you are a variable you know Deon, or well Kim Rok Soo."

The God of Death waved goodbye to Deon who seemed to be more relieved and less tense after hearing the good news he gave.

***

"Urgh... how long was I knocked out for.."

Deon woke up with his body all stiff. He couldn't really tell what time it was since it was always night outside.