I wait a few seconds and I follow Santana out of the cupboard, Santana has stopped in her tracks just a few feet in front of me. I watch her, watching Gia and Mia talking to each other at the bar. "Britt!" Mia spots me. "Babe, look who is here!" she says, excitedly pointing to Gia who has a friendly arm wrapped around Mia. "Did you guys know each other would be here?" Gia asks Santana as she walks over to join the duo at the bar. "Nope." Santana smiles through gritted teeth looking at me. "Babe, maybe we should leave them to it?" I try and encourage Mia to leave them alone so we can go off and mingle. "No, don't be so stupid! We barely know anyone, we have our drinking buddies now!" Gia says sticking her tongue out. This is going to be hell...

(Santana's POV)

I am actually living in hell. Gia has been chewing Mia and Brittany's ear off for almost an hour as her and Mia are going shot for shot. Brittany and I barely speaking. "Are you two okay?" Gia asks, her words starting to slur a little, undoubtedly from the 6 tequila shots she has consumed. "All good." I say with a sharp smile. "Really? Cos I have had more conversation out of a newborn than I have the two of you!" Gia jokes, finding herself hilarious. "Babe, why don't we go outside? Get some fresh air?" I try and suggest, pulling at her waist. "No guys, don't go yet! It's almost time for Sambuca!" Mia says, slamming her hand down on the bar as she signals to the barman for more shots. 

I can feel Brittany's eyes burning holes in my face. She wants me to look at her, engage in small talk and I just can't bring myself to do it. Gia pulls Mia a little further down the bar as they choose the next flavour of poison. Leaving Brittany and I alone. "Stop looking at me." I scoff. "Santana, please?" she begs. "Don't beg." I say, my eyes firmly fixated on an empty shot glass in front of me. I pour all my focus and attention on that one tiny glass so I don't have to look at her. "BRITT BABE, RASPBERRY OR BLACKCURRENT SAMBUCA!?" Mia shouts very loudly. "Either!" Britt calls back. 

"There you are!" Jorge and Jenny have swooped in to save the day. "We have been looking for you two, should have known to check the bar." Jenny chuckles as she watches her daughter ordering more shots. "You guys okay?" I say, turning my body fully to them so Brittany is not in my eye line at all, but I can still feel her eyes on me. "Yeah, I knew this party would be over the top. Tom always has to go one up!" Jorge scoffs as Brittany uncomfortably shuffles and clears her throat. "Oh hi there, are you with Santana?" Jorge asks, holding out a hand to Brittany. "No." I snap quickly. "Here you go babe" Mia comes over handing Brittany her shot. "Honey, it's almost time for the toasts!" A stocky older guy comes over grabbing Mia's attention. 

"Jorge! Jenny! So glad you made it." this guy notices my in-laws and brings them in for a friendly hug. "Wouldn't miss a party like this Tom." Jorge says with what I think is a forced smile. "You guys met my daughter?" Tom says pulling Mia away from the bar. "Sweetie, this is Jorge and Jenny." Mia introduces herself. Gia follows shortly after. "Oh hey guys! Almost forgot you were here." she jokes. "Tom, this is our daughter Gia." Mia and Gia suddenly click that their parents know each other. "Oh my gosh that's so cool!" Mia exclaims. "Sweetie?" her father says for more clarification. "I had no idea you knew Gia's parents. We all hang out in New York." Mia says, relishing at this discovery. 

(Brittany's POV)

Well we are done for, Mia and Gia have now made the discovery their parents are friends and why we are all here. How they didn't question it before when we first saw each other here I do not know, I'll blame the alcohol. "I am going to go find your Mom okay?" Tom tells Mia as he dismisses himself from the group as he goes in search for his wife. "Well, now that we all know each other. Drinks!?" Gia's Dad suggests, which of course everyone is thrilled about, other than Santana and I. She is not budging, even with alcohol in her system she has her walls up. "Brittany, what can I get you?" Jorge calls over the heads of a few people. "Scotch, neat please!" I call back, he gives me an impressed wink and orders me my drink.