3.

(Santana's POV)

(Friday)

Two days..two whole days it took me to recover from last weekends antics with the gang, I had to work from home Monday and Tuesday so I didn't have to leave my bed. I have been rushed off my feet all week so I have barely had time to catch up with anyone, the only one I have really spoken to was Rachel and that is only because she forced herself into my office one day to ask me about wallpaper patterns of all things and we ended up going for lunch and a catch up. But nevertheless we have our Friday night dinner tonight, so I get to see everyone again!

I am lay around on the couch as I am off work today, when suddenly the intercom to my apartment buzzes. I reluctantly peel myself off up to answer.

"Hello?"

"It's me, let me in."

"Who's me?"

"Nick"

"Ugh, what do you want?"

"Well, the fact I am here might suggest I want to talk,"

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Please Santana."

I click the button to let him up, I open my door and put myself back on the couch not bothering to wait for him to get here.

"Took your time" I say as I lazily flick through the channels on the TV. "You live on the 50th floor." he snaps back. "What do you want Nick?" I ask him, unbothered by his presence. "I want to talk to you about Brittany." he says, stepping further into my space. "Well, why don't you talk to Brittany about Brittany." I say not looking at him. "Because last time I tried you threatened to break my face." I wince a little at the drunken memory. "Yeah...sorry about that." I switch off the TV and give him my attention. "I want her back San." he concedes. "Okay, but why are you telling me?" I ask confused. "Because, out of everyone, including her parents it's your seal of approval I want." he says, wearily sitting down opposite me.

"Now you're just being stupid." I scoff. "No, no I am not. Brittany respects your and your opinion more than anyone else. Do you know how many arguments we would have over you?" This news is new to me. "So you're blaming me?" I ask Nick. "No, not at all. But she seems to hold you in this high regard, you're her bestest friend in the entire world." he says, looking utterly defeated. "You guys mutually agreed to end it, Britt has said herself she knows it's the right thing. So, like I said, talk to her. I don't care what you do, just don't hurt her." I say, eyeing him up and down. "So is that you're blessing?" Nick asks, hopeful I say yes. "That's me saying you're a grown man, don't come to me and get out of my apartment." Nick doesn't respond, he lets out a big sigh and lets himself out.

I go back to watching TV and yet again the intercom buzzes. "For fuck sake!" I cry out, having to leave the couch again. "Nick I said go away!" I chide, but it's not him. "It's Freya". Shit. "Oh hey, I'll let you up." This time I open my door and wait there for my second guest of the afternoon to show up. "Hey" she says giving me a sweet kiss. "Hi" I say, I step aside and allow Freya in. Her ass looks nice and perky in her jeans, getting my engines revving already. "What's up?" I ask her as she places a grocery bag on my kitchen counter. "Lunch?" she says. "Sure..." I say, still unsure why she is at my apartment.

"This is all...random?" I laugh nervously. "Why? Can't I make you lunch?" Freya laughs back. "I mean yeah, but like...I don't know. It's not like you're my girlfriend, I don't expect it." her face drops a little, but she carries on.

---

"One chicken Caesar salad." Freya says as she places down my plate. We eat in silence pretty much, exchanging small smiles and glances every now and then. "So, any plans for tonight?" Freya asks, breaking the silence. "Friday night dinner." I say, with a mouthful of chicken. "You?" I add. "Nothing." I feel like she is edging for an invite, but I don't think I want to give her one. The minute I do, it means we are 'something'. And right now, I just like the sex. "I have something I want to say to you..." Freya pipes up, a familiar drop in my stomach appears as I have heard that line one too many times before. "Oh?" I say, my voice cracking. "I like you...really like you Santana." shit, there it is! "Oh" I repeat. She is expecting me to say it back, she has that look in her eye that many girls before her have had. Time to let her down gently...