8.

(Four Days later...)

(Brittany's POV)

"The insurance company are ringing me today about everything you lost in the fire." San tells me as she get's ready for work. "Thank you so much again for taking care of that, I just wouldn't have a clue." I thank my best friend. "Don't mention it B. Are all of your new clothes being delivered today too?" she asks me. I had to order myself basically an entire new wardrobe, I can't live in gym and hiking gear much longer, that is all I really took to Lake Tahoe with me. "Yep, your neighbour agreed to accept the delivery if I am not in." I smile. "Which one? Lazy eye Susan or Cat Piss Frank?" she says, not looking pleased with either option. "Mrs Baker." I say rolling my eyes. "Lazy eye Susan then" she huffs. "They're your neighbours, they're sweet." I chuckle, defending the people that can't defend themselves. "There is nothing sweet about smelling of cat piss." Santana rolls her eyes. "Anyway B, I gotta run. I will pick up wine for dinner tonight." she shouts out as she walks out of the door. 

Tonight was the only night of this week that we could both do for the dinner I was meant to cook the evening I came home. It has been hard, having all of these thoughts and feelings bubbling through my head whilst living with San. But thankfully, sort of...my mind has been preoccupied by having to piece my livelihood back together. But Santana has been a god send, she is taking care of all the insurance stuff for me, well her Dad is. He works in finance and insurance so his company are dealing with it all for me. She has been super accommodating, once she moved out all of hers and Gia's sex toys, she cleaned the spare room from head to toe, brought fresh bedding, new bits of furniture, she is the absolute best. 

Of course it hasn't all been puppy dogs and roses either, Gia has popped over a couple of times and stayed the night. But when she has come over I have just stayed at Quinn and Rachel's. Santana said it wasn't necessary but I don't want to exactly hear those two getting it on. I haven't had a chance yet to properly apologise to Gia for the way I acted around her. I know I was stand off-ish with her and it's not right, its not her fault that I am crushing on her girlfriend. I think Santana mentioned something last night that Gia might swing by today to drop some stuff off, so I could do it then. I have taken the next couple of weeks off work to just sort everything out, I enlisted help from an old friend, Mike Chang to run the dance studio in my absence. 

For now, I decide to head out and buy some groceries for tonights dinner. I want to spoil Santana, so I decide to go to one of the Upper East Side's luxury, high end supermarkets. I don't need to worry about wine as Santana is sorting that out, which I am thankful for because I am useless with wines. I decide I want to drive myself to the supermarket. Since living in New York I barely drive, I either walk or uber it everywhere, but I miss driving. I used to drive at any given opportunity in Ohio, Santana, Quinn and I always used to go on road trips, blaring music and drinking slushies, they are some of my fondest memories of the three of us. 

---

"Oh shit, sorry!" I hear a female voice cursing as she crashes into my cart with hers. "That's okay." I smile, looking up I realise it's that girl Mia from the bar I went to with Santana, the Latina! "Oh...hey., it's you." she smiles longingly at me. "It's me!" I say with a more awkward smile. "You didn't call?" she lightly teases me. "I know, I am sorry...I have just had a week from hell!" I say giving my explanation. "Sounds like you need a drink then?" she says, biting down on her lip. "Uhh.." I stall, not knowing what to say. I have a Santana, well I don't officially...but I have a Santana situation that I still need to address. "Come on, one drink. If you don't enjoy it, we don't do it again." she chuckles. "Fine, one drink." I affirm. "Great, what are you doing tomorrow night?" she asks. "I have dinner with my friends every Friday, dorky but it's kind of a tradition." I say. "Okay, Saturday?" she continues. "Uh Saturday is good.." I say, trying to think if I have any plans. I may as well give myself options for when this Santana situation implodes in my face. "Great, see you then and you can tell me all about your dorky traditions." she playfully winks. "See you then." I smile back at her. I carry on pushing my cart around, chucking in a variety of stuff for tonight's dinner. I don't have a particular recipe in mind to make, but if I throw in all the stuff I know we both like, something is bound to come to me later.