Questions

I made the group run for hours, and not a single one of them complained. 

I could feel Snows cold stare on my back the whole time, but she said nothing. In fact, all three of them stayed quiet besides the occasional murmur over an obstacle in our path.

My stomach twisted uncomfortably as the destination I had in mind grew near, the conversation needing to happen hovering like a thick layer of ice over Snow and I's head. I gave a low sigh as the large fallen tree stump came into view, slowing my pace as if it could prevent the inevitable. 

Never in the three years that I had travelled with Snow had I shown any signs of magic; or at least, not that she had known. And now it was time to answer for it. I had known within the first year that I would have to tell her eventually. I trusted her, and we had stuck with each other this long. But I never knew how to bring it up, and reminders of my own kingdoms reactions came frequently while I slept; fear kept my lips sealed.

I came to a stop and turned to face the group, wincing slightly as my arm flared with pain. Concern flashed across Snow and Peters faces while Red blearily looked forward. The poor girl had exhausted herself with tears, and now seemed to have nothing left but a deep tiredness. She still didn't know that she had scratched me, and I intended to keep it that way. I had shown no wolfish characteristics other than a few enhanced senses, so I felt it was safe to assume that I wouldn't be joining her in a transformation.

"An old hideout of ours is up ahead. I'll go and check it to make sure it's safe while you two give her a moment to rest."

"I'm going with you."

I sighed at Snows tone, merely nodding. 

"I'll stay here with Red, just let us know once you're sure it's secure." Peter said, helping her sit down against a tree. I nodded, "It shouldn't take long."

Snow said nothing until we had paced a few steps away. "Why didn't you tell me?"

I sighed, "Snow..."

"You've never told me much about your past at all. You know most of mine- don't you trust me? And even then, you don't have to tell me everything. I mean, knowing that you had magic is the problem here! Did you not think that that'd be something I'd want to know about?"

"I know, trust me Snow, I know! I wanted to tell you so many times... but I've been a coward. I told you that I ran away from home? But I didn't tell you why..." We stopped and she crossed her arms, curiosity poking through her angry stare. I sighed, rubbing my hands together. "I guess I have to just come out and say it... I was the Queen of a kingdom called Arendelle." Snows jaw dropped, "I had two sisters, one was like me and is cursed with ice and snow magic. Our parents died when we were all very young..." I sighed, "And to make a terribly long story short, someone close to me betrayed me and exposed my magic to the kingdom. They made me seem violent and like I was a threat to my people. They turned on me and I ran, leaving my sisters with instructions to care for each other and to pretend that they had no clue about my magic."

Snows arms dropped, and she looked stunned. "So you're... You're royalty! But then, how did you know so much about surviving out here? Have you seen your sisters since?"

I frowned, "I was trained by my guards at a young age...and when I found you I had been on the run for about six months."

My frown deepened when I saw the realization hit her, "Then you haven't seen your sisters in..."

"About three years and eight months..." I trailed off, peering at my arm under my cloak as the throbbing became more intense. The ice wasn't cutting it anymore, my body having naturally fought off the cold rather quickly. I cast a fresh casing of ice around it, brows pinching together as I realized it did nothing now. I looked up to see the anger gone from Snows face, instead a look of empathy smoothing it over.