Buck's story

Summer's pov.

"They'll never survive. It's dangerous by the day."

"But it's even worse at night."

"Plus, their guide is a lunatic."

"What?", questioned Buck.

He was holding bones with skulls on top. Just how long was he alone? Buck was playing with those like dolls, mimicking their words.

"You mean, Buck? He's wacko!"

"I am not!", argued Buck.

"Totally bonkers."

"And his feet smell.", 'said' the skull which was on Buck's feet.

"Shut up!", demanded Buck.

"You shut up!"

"Oh, you little...", said Buck and started strangling his leg, "Gotcha!"

I, Ellie, Diego, Manny, and the possums were looking at him with weird looks.

"He's strangling his own foot.", whispered Manny.

"Shouldn't we get moving?", I asked.

"What? And give Rudy a midnight snack? Not likely!", Buck mimicked the skull.

"The skull's right. Take a load off, mammals. We'll camp here.", stated Buck, "Now, who's hungry?"

"I am!", exclaimed the skull.

"You don't need the calories!", exclaimed Buck.

As everyone was getting ready for the camp, I was already sitting in my place. Then Diego walked up to me.

Diego's pov.

"Let's go for a walk.", suggested Summer as she stood up.

"Really?", I asked a little shocked.

Shocked because of two things: she wants to talk and in this jungle?

"Yeah.", she answered, "C'mon we won't go too far. And we'll find our way back."

Summer started to walk. I stood up and glanced around. While doing so, I caught Ellie's gaze. She gestured to follow Summer, so I went as well.

I was walking behind her. I had to start speaking because I could tell she was waiting for me to say something.

"I'm sorry.", I apologized.

"Wow. Took you long enough.", commented Summer and turned around to look at me.

"What am I supposed to say now?", I questioned.

"Oh, a lot. But if you say 'I'm sorry, the rest won't matter."

I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Though, why did you come back?", Summer asked.

"Oh, well. I kinda saw Mommy dinosaur carrying Sid and the first thought that came to me was you. So, I got back.", I explained.

Summer smiled and looked at the ground.

"I forgive you.", she suddenly stated.

"Really?", I asked.

She hummed and nuzzled into my neck. I started to purr.

"All you needed to do was apologize.", she explained.

I chuckled. "I love you."

She pulled back. And then I saw it. The moonlight fell on her beautifully. And her ocean eyes looked even more heavenly than before. Summer looked like a goddess.