The Eggs

Summer's pov.

I can't believe Diego would do it. And start a family? I mean, I have nothing against it but I just don't wanna rush things. But what is the thing that he doesn't like in this herd? I mean adventures, almost every year. I don't think this year will be any different.

Like c'mon, first Roshan and then the flood.

What else?

Dinosaurs come back? Note the sarcasm.

I now walked into the kids' playground, that Manny made.

"Oh, Summer.", called Manny, "Did you find Diego?"

"Yeah, I did.", I said in almost monotone, "This playground is amazing."

"I know, right.", praised Ellie as we walked out of the playground.

As we walked out, Manny took a log in his tusks. I looked at Sid and saw that he was about to touch a sloth made of snow.

"Come on, Sid! I don't want you touching anything. This place is for kids. Are you a kid?", asked Manny and Sid was about to answer, "Don't answer that."

Sid touched the snow-sloth and its head fell off. He put it back messily and quickly got out.

"Diego! There you are.", called Manny.

I didn't even bother to look at Diego, though I felt his eyes on me.

"You missed the big surprise!", finished Manny.

"Right. Right. I'll check it out later.", said Diego and walked away, as I guessed.

"Okay. See you."

"You know, I think something is bothering Diego.", said Ellie.

"No, I'm sure everything's fine.", assured Manny, "And besides, Summer would know, right?"

Manny smiled at me and waited for my answer.

"I don't wanna talk about it.", I answered in a monotone.

"Hmm.", hummed Ellie, "You should talk to him."

Ellie suggested and looked at Manny.

"Guys don't talk to guys about guy problems. We just punch each other on the shoulders.", explained Manny and lightly punched Ellie on the shoulder.

"That's stupid.", I and Ellie said at the same time, surprisingly.

"To girls it is. To a guy, that's like six months of therapy.", stated Manny, earning a glare from Ellie, "Okay, okay, I'm going."

When Manny started to walk, Ellie adverted her gaze to me. "So what happened between you and Diego?"

I sighed. "We just argued, that's all. But I don't wanna talk about it."

"It's okay. I understand.", assured Ellie, "But I guarantee you, that whatever it is, you can work it out."

"Maybe."

Manny's pov.

Summer said that she didn't want to talk about whatever happened between her and Diego. Must be serious.

I saw Diego standing on a rock and looking at the view in front of him.

"Hey.", I said.

Diego only looked at me, without saying anything. So I did what I was planning to do.

I punched him on the shoulder.

"Why'd you do that?", questioned Diego.

I shrugged. "I don't know...So, listen, Ellie thinks there's something bothering you. I told her..."