Chapter one- Sovereign in my pocket. 🪙

The only sounds are the lapping of the ocean waves and the distant tolling of a ship's bell. Then, chugging out of the thick mist, comes a rather handsome young man. Astrange figure wearing a bright green waistcoat and wildly colourful scarf climbs the mast.

WILLY-

"After seven years of life upon the ocean,

It is time to bid the seven seas farewell,

And the city I've pinned seven years of hopes on

Lies just over the horizon. I can hear the harbour bell!"

He spies a beautiful bustling city looming out of the freezing fog.

Willy- Land ahoy!!

Willy grabs a rope and swings to the deck as the other sailors prepare the boat to come into harbour. He travels through the engine room, gathering his tattered old plum coloured tailcoat and wooden suitcase.

Willy-

Got a tattered overcoat and battered suitcase!

Got a pair of leaky boots upon my feet.

Got to drag myself up by my one good bootlace!

Gotta work my rotten socks off if I wanna make ends meet!

He leaps onto a crate as it is pulled up out of the hold.

WILLY-

I've poured everything I've got into my chocolate. Now it's time to show the world my recipes.

The Captain throws him a small bag of coins.

Captain- Good luck, Willy!

WILLY-

I've got twelve silver sovereigns in my pocket And a hatful of dreams!

Willy drops from the crate onto the back of a passing truck and rides out of the docks in style.

Willy Leaps off the back of the truck, Grabs hold of a lamp-post and Slides down into the town square. On one side, stands a Cathedral, on the other, a cathedral of commerce: a great, glass-domed shopping area. In the middle sits a huge fountain, its water frozen in the cold.

WILLY-

There's a famous restaurant on every street here, There's Brandino's and the Bar Parisienne.

MAP-SELLER- Restaurant map, sir?

willy -Thank you!

Willy- (handing him a sovereign)

Got a little map to tell me where to eat here...

Willy unfolds his map -- then notices someone at his feet. It is a shoeshine boy, upon whose box Willy has inadvertently placed one foot. The boy demands a sovereign. Willy pays up.

WILLY.

Had a dozen silver sovereigns, now I'm somehow down to ten!

Willy goes over to a fruit stall and picks up a pumpkin.

willy - Want the finest produce? This is where they stock it!

A Streetcar passes, narrowly missing Willy, who drops the pumpkin in surprise. It splats all over his boots.

Fruit Seller- That's three sovereigns, mate.

WILLY- Though the prices are suspiciously extreme!

Fruit Seller- You break my pumpkin, you pay for it.

(paying up)

I've got five, six, seven--